Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12 with 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling

working like charm in windowed mode THANKS !! :)

AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12 with 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling

working like charm in windowed mode THANKS !! :)

Is this with the latest drivers, or can it be used with previous drivers as well?

I only ever use AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12 with 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling

No shimmering, no jaggies, perfectly smooth. Try it!

Hello, am I wrong if I state that this kind of setting is heavier compared than 8xS + 4xSGSS o 8xSQ + 2xSGSS?

Anyway, I guess you are flying smoothly because your CPU is pumped up to 4,7Ghz, I don't think this good result can be achieved by other users who run their CPU at lower speeds.

But I am interested to give a try.

Bye.

Hello, am I wrong if I state that this kind of setting is heavier compared than 8xS + 4xSGSS o 8xSQ + 2xSGSS?

Anyway, I guess you are flying smoothly because your CPU is pumped up to 4,7Ghz, I don't think this good result can be achieved by other users who run their CPU at lower speeds.

Bye.

I can't run 64X_4v12 + 2xSGSS without a big hit in clouds or a thick mist

Bye.

I think it's about as heavy as you get. At 1S2, I have around 22 FPS with a target of 30 (1/2 Vsync tweak) but with full cloud cover etc it can get a little stuttery. But as a GA flyer and staying away from the cities, it works for me the vast majority of the time.

-Iain Watson-

Not even close to smooth for me at AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I am trying right now this setting:

- AA Mode: AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4V12

- Transparency filter: 2x SGSS

For now, but let's see what happen at the arrival airport (KLAX by FsDreamteam), it seems to be lighter than 8xS + 2xSGSS. I have not appreciated the image quality (compared than the other setting before) yet.

Could anyone explain what kind of filter is exactly the AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4V12?

I tried to get some info but no response on the net.

I always use this AA Mode: AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4V12

but I do not see Transparency filter: 2x SGSS in menu ? can you tell me where you are seeing this switch, thanks

Rich Sennett

Hello Rich, If you look at AA Transparency Supersampling and click the small arrow on right side, the drop down shows 2x and 4x SSGS. I use the 4x. hope this helps. richard welsh.

Thanks Rich appreciate the help buddy, give it a go now.

Rich Sennett

I'm still experimenting with the latest round of WHQL drivers. Does anyone have any good recommendations for settings that result in smoothness/minimizing stutters for these latest drivers? Not necessarily *best* looking per se, I can accept some blurries in the distance if I can get a smooth simulation when panning and looking around.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

My personal spot after some testings is - despite to fomrmer settings - is to set the Nvidia Inspector Antialiasing stuff to "application controled" and set it internal to Anisotropic.

That brought me a lot of smoothness!!!!

I have a GTX 580 ...

Then 4xS, 2x Supersampling, 30 Frames locked in Nvidia Inspector

Bufferpools=0, FFTF 0,1, TextureMaxLoad = 9

But all in windowed mode!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to know if Ryan will update the configuration guide.

Thanks in advanced,

Francisco Mateos

Guys - Any of you all have VSYNC issues on Vatsim with FSInn? I've got beautiful, stutter free graphics offline but see huge spikes on Vatsim.... 30 fps, down to 6 FPS over the ocean and no vysnc.... Any ideas?