Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

I would like to know if Ryan will update the configuration guide.

Thanks in advanced,

Francisco Mateos

Francisco

The information is on the previous page (12) in several posts.

Michael Cubine

Guys,

I just haven't had time to type up something new yet, sorry.

I'm going to have to split this into Windowed mode (which will probably use something akin to previous versions of this guide because of the Vsync issues) and then a different set of settings for Full Screen which will be similar to what Word Not Allowed's came up with using the 1/2 refresh rate mode etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Just had a thought regarding VSYNC and FSInn (before the tongue lashings begin, I do realize I should probably post this at the VATSIM forum)... So with very little computer knowledge here is my thought -

I run FSInn in fullscreen with FSX. Without FSInn running, I have great frames... no tearing... exactly what I want... FSInn fires up and whenever the GUI is present, I get tearing... My thought is, could the FSInn executable be assigned to the same Inspector profile as FSX?... curing my current vsync issue? I'll defer to those more knowledgeable, as I tend to get frustrated by fruitless tinkering.

Cheers!

Bud

Thanks Ryan. I will wait your setttings for windowed mode.

Thanks again,

Francisco Mateos

i have formatted my c: and reinstalled win7 and fsx. then apllied bojote's tweaks to my cfg, but my fps lower than i used to have before formatting. which tweaks i should use to gain more fps without screwing up the visuals?

here my specs:

2500k 4.4

8gigs ram

gtx460 oc'ed

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Fresh install always need tweaking and also time to settle in it will get better over time and tweaking , ovelcock is very important.

Rich Sennett

I am getting stutters where the FPS jumps from 10 to 15 FPS. I have the latest drivers (304.48), but got them with all drivers. I have FSX acceleration. Win 7 64 bit.

spent a month pulling all my hair out trying to figure out what was causing the wild swings in my FPS for no reason at all. flying along at 30 fps and then crunched down to as low as 2 FPS...Poor old REX got most of the blame for it.

was ready today to re install fsx and the 100 add ons when I stumbled across windows anti virus was using bit defender. how did I miss that ! the new performance is breath taking.

Dont be a dill like me and make sure your windows anti virus is turned off as well as your ad on anti virus

ZORAN

I use microsoft security essentials. You mean to turn it off while I am flying?

you can set it not to scan your fsx folder or turn it off to see if it makes a difference

ZORAN

First thanks for your post and it helped. But I have now the problem that at all cockpits (LDS,PMDG,standard a/c) the textures are soft so you can't look on it longer than a few seconds. It's only at the cockpit, not with the scenery or something else.

I used following settings (AA SQ gives me a huge frame lost, this works best)

http://img525.images...9/settingss.jpg

And the cockpit result is this:

http://img31.imagesh.../5533/lsdvn.jpg

What's the problem? It looks like I had problem with my eyes :o

Greetings Eddi :smile:

I think you have the wrong "Antialaising Setting" in the top box... Should be 4xS, 8xS, or 8xSQ

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

I think you have the wrong "Antialaising Setting" in the top box... Should be 4xS, 8xS, or 8xSQ

Tested all of your options again but nothing worked. I sometimes had a frameimpact and so I'm now back to the old settings as posted above :(

Using a GTS450 if it might help.

Thanks anyway.

Greetings Eddi :smile: