Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Hi.

Quick question. After tweaking FSX using Venetubo toll I am still getting this message: MAKE SURE to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness with your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti card.

I check my NVIDIA settings and it is disableded. Why this message still pops up?

Thank you.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hi.

Quick question. After tweaking FSX using Venetubo toll I am still getting this message: MAKE SURE to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness with your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti card.

I check my NVIDIA settings and it is disableded. Why this message still pops up?

Thank you.

it is just a reminder to disable it because it's handled out side fsx.cfg file (handled by nVidia drivers and inspector), it does not mean it was found enabled.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

it is just a reminder to disable it, it does not mean it was found enabled.

OK. Appreciate it.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hi Guys.

I hate to do this, but I am a little short on time and I have probably not done due dilligence in my searching. IF someone would be so kind as to point me into a good troubleshooting guide for the st.. sttt.. sttuddddeerrrss. that would very much appreciated.

I just did all of the tweaks Ryan taught. I have noticed a wonderful improvement in frame rates. LOVE IT! But the studders are killing me. I am also a follower of NickNs install as I built this machine for FSX and it was working great when I did that his install method and I also defrag with OnO 15. So I dont think I have issues there. Does anyone know if using System Mechanic to re-align files might have any effect on studders? It is similar to Ultimate defrag and moving files to the outside of the disk.

Those are areas of suspect in my opinion. I am far from any sort of guru that is for sure.

This is question 1...

Question 2 is, now that I have pretty good frame rates locked down around 30, I would like to eeek out a little more. What sliders have you guys felt are the biggest performance hits? For me I have noticed Autogen is huge as well as global complexity.

I am in need of performace more than stunning reality visuals as I fly jets and I am using this for an upcoming pilot interview so guages cockpit etc are key for me. I also am using Sivionics and ISG for some well placed FMC work. Ernie Alston did a fantastic job on those.

Anyway if you guys could point me to well respected resources I can take it from there. THANK you so much in advance!! Big%20Grin.gif

Respectfully,

Jet

Is anyone getting CTD's without any errrors in the NGX with the FXAA allowed?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I just did all of the tweaks Ryan taught. I have noticed a wonderful improvement in frame rates. LOVE IT! But the studders are killing me. I am also a follower of NickNs install as I built this machine for FSX and it was working great when I did that his install method and I also defrag with OnO 15. So I dont think I have issues there. Does anyone know if using System Mechanic to re-align files might have any effect on studders? It is similar to Ultimate defrag and moving files to the outside of the disk.

Those are areas of suspect in my opinion. I am far from any sort of guru that is for sure.

This is question 1...

Question 2 is, now that I have pretty good frame rates locked down around 30, I would like to eeek out a little more. What sliders have you guys felt are the biggest performance hits? For me I have noticed Autogen is huge as well as global complexity.

Have you ever tried Word Not Allowed's Tuning Guide ?

http://#####...hardware-guide/

About sliders and settings :

I take scenery complexity and autogen density: Very Dense

Water : High 2x

NO Light Bloom or Scenery Shadows !

Road Traffic: 25% or less !

Jets: 30% and GA: 40%

Mostly 29-30 frames and very bad weather: 24-29 only minor stutters.

Minimum: runway KLAX or KJFK in stormy weather, virtual cockpit of the 737 NG : 16

Jetblst, i just saw that you have a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Quad Core at 3.4 Ghz.

In that case NickN's tuning is probably the best you can do, since Word Not Allowed's tuning is more for the latest 2 CPU generations.

And of course there's also the Bojote's Automatic Tuning Tool:

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

FSX will always have stutters, even with the latest Intel I7 Ivy Bridge processor overclocked to 4.5 Ghz or more and a Nvidia GTX-680 videocard, FSX Word Not Allowed-tuned to perfection, NvidiaInspector with the best settings, small microstutters are reported.

Laminar's P3D gives the same framerate but is smoother: look for tests at Word Not Allowed's site.

PS: what i said about sliders and settings was also for a more highend PC, so you have to experiment and have your settings lower.

when i choose 2x grid supersampling, it looks ok but frames decrase instantly with my 660ti card. do you have any good suggestion?

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Hi All

Can any one tell me if updating the video card driver will make changes to settings used with the Inspector?

Will I have to go back and re do the settings again, or will it just change the graphics card?

Thanks

Stewart

Yes every driver update will result in you having to put them back in but you can export your changes out and reimport them it's in the top menu do it before you update your driver.

Rich Sennett

Thanks a million man. I have never had my sim run so smoothly. Truly helpful. Cpt out.