Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

That's what I'm here for :) glad it worked out for you.

Rich Sennett

I have been using Ryan's settings on my new rig. This is the first time I use Inspector.

Question is: Are there any advantage of using 30fps as a limit? Flying the Carenado 172N, Fraps shows a steady 30 but with the Carenado CT182T G1000, it drops to 15-20 fps.

When I use the "unlimited fps settings" I reach 40 fps on the T182T and it is much smoother.

BTW I use 3 monitors, please see my PC specs.

Thanks for your advice.

Use the external limiter 0.2 and set the fps in fsx to 30 it will stabilize your fps especially with higher detail planes such as the ngx the planes you speak of are not that bad on fps

Rich Sennett

spent a month pulling all my hair out trying to figure out what was causing the wild swings in my FPS for no reason at all. flying along at 30 fps and then crunched down to as low as 2 FPS...Poor old REX got most of the blame for it.

was ready today to re install fsx and the 100 add ons when I stumbled across windows anti virus was using bit defender. how did I miss that ! the new performance is breath taking.

Dont be a dill like me and make sure your windows anti virus is turned off as well as your ad on anti virus

Just stumbled on this post from Zoran,

Is Defender that bad for fps??

Thanks Richard,

Got FSX internal settings at 30 fps, but pardon my ignorance, what is this external limiter 0.2, is that in Inspector?

OK just found out what this 0.2 limiter is. We'll try it.

Thanks Richard.

Great was looking for the download for it you beat me too it. Make sure you set fps in fsx to unlimited and the external limiter to 30 fps

Rich Sennett

I thought the limiter in the latest versions of inspector replaced the external limiters. What the advantage of using another external limiter versus inspector?

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck Biggins

Hi guys,

I am kind of frustrated. Worked through the whole post here, read Kostas suggestions regarding the FSX settings but I am still having trouble, getting decent frame rates. With CYVR from FSDT out I am getting there 10 fps in a E-Jet v2, so I don´t even bother trying the NGX.

My computer: i7-2700k - oc to 4.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA 560Ti 2GB - FPS limited in FSX to 30, in NVIDIA Inspector to unlimited (tried it otherwise - no difference).

I use ORBX, Active Sky Evolution with REX textures (not HD) ...

Does anyone have suggestions, how to improve my fps ? I thought I do decent hardware to run the FSX smoothly ?

Thanks

Joerg

Hold on

5efx8p.jpg

34zj5gg.jpg

Thanks for your help I will try this tonight.

Regards

Stewart

Joerg what do you mean you have limiter at unlimited in nvidia inspector turn it off in NI and set your external limiter to 30 fps and set in FSX to unlimited, the NI frame limiter is a piece of crap I tried it fps was all over the place, you should be doing well with your system something really wrong also look at my nivida inspector settings above try that might like it if you use above settings you need to turn Ansiotropic on and click antialiasing box graphic settings in FSX.

Now if that doesn't work use these settings and make sure you use Bojotes tool first

http://forum.avsim.n...aphic-settings/

Rich Sennett

I don't know if this is germain to this subject, but I installed Call Of Duty-Black Ops on 12/25. My FSX was immediately affected to the point I uninstalled COD and did a complete and clean uninstall and reinstall of FSX (still in progress). I even updated my video card to a GTX 650. Alas my system is still running slower than snot in January. My question is could the install and uninstall of COD left some residual interference on my system to the point of this hit I am taking on speed in the system. This is a Dell XPS 8300 with 8 gigs of RAM and the GTX has 2. Thanks.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Thinking it's probably time for a major update to this post... might start working on one in my spare time.

That'd be cool Ryan. Thanks.

Solved the above issue by uninstalling Norton and loading Microsoft Security Essential. What a difference.

• Upvote 1

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Guys,

I have always had a completely functioning and stable platform with the NGX singing beautifully with no problems with an all-dressed setup (Active Sky 2012, UT2, AES, ORBX, Ezdok, Track-IR etc.).

I have been occupied with other distractions over the last year but always had time to do a proficiency flight every month. This weekend I fired up FSX and had 2 problems. 1) an Ultimate Traffic message saying that I need to register (I am fully licensed and up to date) and 2) my EZdok cameras would not function and would give me strange external views (cargo areas in the NGX). I tried re-installing EZdok and running the config utility but with the same results.

I discovered that windows update updated my video drivers and I did swap out an SSD for drive C:. I did NOT use Inspector to redo my settings. Could this be related to my EZdok problem? Can anyone shed any light on these problems. It seems weird that one month everything works and things do not after a video driver update. Anyway any clues would be appreciated!

Cheers, s