Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Speedbird, You could try to do a clean driver install and create a custom profile afterwards. I mean not using the 'MS Flight Simulator X' fron thr nVidia Inspector, but create a custom profile pointing to Your FSX.EXE file.

I assume You have UAC disabled, right?

Speedbird, You could try to do a clean driver install and create a custom profile afterwards. I mean not using the 'MS Flight Simulator X' fron thr nVidia Inspector, but create a custom profile pointing to Your FSX.EXE file.

I assume You have UAC disabled, right?

Hi BartEnder.

Yes, UAC is off. I have never created profiles and I am not sure how point it to FSX.EXE file. I google it and followed some recommendations but it still switches back to global.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/settings-for-new-drivers-updated-v1959_topic36586.html

Is there a link with all steps how to create a profile? I maybe doing something wrong. I will try to reinstall it and update driver again.

Thank you.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Ed I am at work right now but in about 3 hours I will put together some screenshots to show you how to do this ok hang in there.

Rich Sennett

Ed I am at work right now but in about 3 hours I will put together some screenshots to show you how to do this ok hang in there.

Appreciate it. I found some info here, will see what I will end up with :huh:

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Ed here you go really simple hope it helps

1zqbs5k.jpg

wl3g5j.jpg

2vtzaev.jpg

28s0nbb.jpg

Rich Sennett

OK. Got it. I see changes in FSX.

Just a few questions. When I close NVIDIA inspector and open it back I see Global Driver Profile (Base profile) in Profile dropped down menu again. Is it normal or all settings apply when I run FSX in anyway in spite what is shown in Profile window? I found this statement in this forum:

[Q.I set it up like you show above, and then applied changes.so.. do I have to load in the profile first before I run FSX or will all the settings take effect when I run FSX automatically now? (Since I tied in the FSE.EXE as in the above?)

A. Once you have applied the settings you do not have to do anything. Inspctor will apply the settings automatically.]

Thank you Rich

(Guys).

"When I close NVIDIA inspector and open it back I see Global Driver Profile (Base profile)"

​This is normal don't worry the exe you picked from my directions insures you are fine.

"do I have to load in the profile first before I run FSX"

Yes once loaded forget it all set to go

" Once you have applied the settings you do not have to do anything. Inspector will apply the settings automatically.]"

Yes your all set

when you load Inspector you don't see fsx there that's correct it always shows default - this is whats throwing you off you will always see that default profile show up ignore it - in reality its using your flight sim profile you setup, easy

Rich Sennett

"When I close NVIDIA inspector and open it back I see Global Driver Profile (Base profile)"

​This is normal don't worry the exe you picked from my directions insures you are fine.

"do I have to load in the profile first before I run FSX"

Yes once loaded forget it all set to go

" Once you have applied the settings you do not have to do anything. Inspector will apply the settings automatically.]"

Yes your all set

when you load Inspector you don't see fsx there that's correct it always shows default - this is whats throwing you off you will always see that default profile show up ignore it - in reality its using your flight sim profile you setup, easy

Alright Rich. Everything looks good now. I really appreciate your help. I am back in business.

I owe you one.

What is the current recommendation for system setup, the one in this forum created by Tabs or the new one created by AVSIM? I currently use the PMDG setup guide created by Tabs and the guidelines in the PMDG B737NGX manuals exclusively.

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

or the new one created by AVSIM?

Billy

I was not aware that there was an Inspector Guide created by Avsim. Can you furnish me with a link to that Guide?

Thank you

Michael Cubine

Billy

I was not aware that there was an Inspector Guide created by Avsim. Can you furnish me with a link to that Guide?

Thank you

Michael Cubine

I was referring to the AVSIM Software and Hardware Guide for FSX. My apologies for not being clear.

Hopefully Tabs will reply with some guidance.

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I took win8 out of my computer and went back to win7. I downloaded the latest version of nvidia inspevtor and wow,is it differsnt. it is version 1.9.7. I cannot get my FSX running as smoothly and looking as good as before. the old setting I had for the inspector are nothing like the latest one. Does someone have the newer settings? I'm getting a lot of shimmering and tearing (when I look around the scenery!! Help!

Okay, I just bought the EVGA GeForce GTX650 (was running an "on-board" nVidia GeForce 8300) and I've installed it. I have already downloaded the latest (1.97) nVidia Inspector and 314.07 drivers from EVGA for my card. Is anyone out there running this card now? And if so, can they give me some ideas about the settings in Inspector? Or a similarity with another card?

The GeForce 8300 simply wasn't "doing it for me" with its puny 64 Mb of RAM and not much of anything else. So I can't wait to put the new beastie in and apply all of these tweaks to get FSX running a lot better. Whatever I find out will be added up here, unless someone else has already done the homework. The 650 is NOT the Ti overclocked version, and it has only 1 GB of RAM.

Any input/advice out there? I am running Win 7/64 with a quad processor and 4 Gb of RAM. No FSX Acceleration but both SP 1 & 2 (of course).

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Here's a screen shot of the newest Inspector (in case anyone is interested) - things have been added. This is what I have configured so far for the GTX650:

nvidia_inspector197_zps6f94a1e8.jpg

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg