Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Awesome shots great quality

Thanks Richard!

I have good results on Win8 X64 w/ FX8350 processor and GTX660 card.

One difference - I took out a performance hit (or conflict) by changing:

#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1    to  0   on some advice elsewhere on Avsim.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/389455-have-any-of-you-tried-this-sweetfx/page-2

I also don't turn on VSync based on an old post stuck in my memory from Ryan. Not sure if that's the right thing to do or not, but my FPS is finally the last thing on my mind after 6+ years of FSX.

My FPS is locked at 29, and I'm still getting 29, so I can't comment on any performance hit since it's N/A for me.

Do you notice any tearing when changing the camera's POV? Without Vsync, I get a noticeable amount of screen tear especially with TrackIR. Now that GPU's are getting more powerful, they can handle the Vsync better I think. My Vsync is Forced on in Nv Ins. That + SweetFX + 32xS Antialiasing equals very nice visuals and decent frames with my setup.

Glad to hear you're getting good results and get to focus on flying now, this has finally become my situation too. Happy flying!

I have sweetfx on Win 7 and IT works solid. No CTD at all. I am using DX10

Nice!

I wasn't aware Prepar3d had a compatibility problem with SweetFX. I was under the impression it worked with any 32bit game and soon, 64bit. Did you copy the folder as well as all the files? Try installing again, read install instructions. It's worth it.

Jon,

I have installed following the instruction, but when Prepar3D start I get an error in DLL d3d9.

Before this I had the same problema with the EMB series.

Thanks,

Francisco Mateos

Wonder if this thread will ever get updated. Totally incorrect and misleading info at the top. DX10 and AA works fine especially with the fixes from the DX10 section. Not only that but it frees up more VAS memory for FSX. I use the NGX and boatload of addons never get OOM's. Switch back to DX9 and I get OOM's....heck you can even run SweetFX with DX10 mode.

• Upvote 2

Is necessary to use SweetFX and ENB or better only use SweetFX?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

LOL with SweetFX:  in none of the pics do I see the FPS counter....

spacer.png

enb is nothing compared to sweetFX, just use sweetfx

LOL with SweetFX: in none of the pics do I see the FPS counter....

And just what are you insinuating and or trying to prove with this statement? LOL!

I'm here to discuss settings that give good results and to show the difference (which is resoundingly huge, I won't fly FSX without SweetFX).

- I get on average low 20's at FSDreamteam's O'hareX with SweetFX, TrackIR, My Traffic 2013 around 60-70%, REX Essentials OD/HD 4096/2048 clouds, NGX, and the settings I listed above with VSync forced on in NV Inspector.
- In heavy soup I get 20's as well with everything above while in the air.
- Clear sky's it hit's the 50 mark with the internal FSX fps limiter.

The best part, there is no change in FPS with SweetFX on or off, nothing. Maybe that's the GTX680 doing it's job.

Not really sure what else you want other than the actual screenshot evidence, my performance is exceptional on all levels in all aircraft. Even if my frames dip into the high teens my experience is smooth and not something to blame on SweetFX.

The best part, there is no change in FPS with SweetFX on or off, nothing. Maybe that's the GTX680 doing it's job.

Jon, I use Shader 3.0 mod, is it compatible with SweetFX?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Jon, I use Shader 3.0 mod, is it compatible with SweetFX?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Dirk,

I don't have Shader 3.0 mod installed. I was thinking about trying that out but never got around to it.

The cool thing about SweetFX and ENBseries is that it's real easy to try it out and if it doesn't work just remove the files and it's gone.

Dirk,

I don't have Shader 3.0 mod installed. I was thinking about trying that out but never got around to it.

The cool thing about SweetFX and ENBseries is that it's real easy to try it out and if it doesn't work just remove the files and it's gone.

Jon, I'm using your SweetFX settings and they look great. No compatibility issues with Shader3.0 so far, everything is smooth and looks beautiful.

Thanks,

Dirk.

That's great, glad to hear everything's working good. The difference is insane isn't it!

Okay Im confused. In the fsx optimization guide that was recently updated by Paul in the FSX forum, it says to select Anisoptric filtering in FSX, but here it says to select Trilinear? Which one is better? 

I have fairly modern hardware. GTX 680 (4GB), i7-3770k oc to 4.5ghz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 16GB Ram, etc. I want to be sure to use the setting that will give me better looking

graphics.

Can these settings be used with the latest 320.xx nvidia drivers or are these settings old?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi, can anyone post a SweetFX config file that works well with the NGX? I remember there was one somewhere but can't find it anymore.

Thanks.

James Goggi

Okay Im confused. In the fsx optimization guide that was recently updated by Paul in the FSX forum, it says to select Anisoptric filtering in FSX, but here it says to select Trilinear? Which one is better? 

I have fairly modern hardware. GTX 680 (4GB), i7-3770k oc to 4.5ghz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 16GB Ram, etc. I want to be sure to use the setting that will give me better looking

graphics.

Can these settings be used with the latest 320.xx nvidia drivers or are these settings old?

I'm still on 314.22 but plan to upgrade drivers soon, I'll report back when I do. Our systems are very similar, here's my settings.

Sometimes Unlimited frames works best when flying complex addon's. I typically leave it at 50FPS though.

FSX_Settings_Display_Graphics_06142013.j

FSX_Settings_Display_Scenery_06142013.jp

I never touch these settings.

vaeJonp_MSFSX_Nvidia_314_22_Inspector_GT

Hi, can anyone post a SweetFX config file that works well with the NGX? I remember there was one somewhere but can't find it anymore.

Thanks.

Sure I have settings that work fine. They are still a work in progress though. I labeled my settings files like this:

SweetFX_fsxDAY_settings.txt (Made to be real subtle)

SweetFX_fsxNIGHT_settings.txt (Really darkens things up nicely at night)

I'm sure a single settings file can be achieved, just been busy with other things..

The "SweetFX_preset.txt" file tells SweetFX which settings file to load, currently it's set to the "SweetFX_fsxDAY_settings.txt" file. To change this while FSX is running, edit the "preset" file to point to the settings file you want, save, then press the "Pause/Break" key on your keyboard. Note, this will pause fsx.

Pause/Break key will re-inject SweetFX settings

ScrLK key toggles on/off

SweefFX Files

Thank you very much! As soon as I have time I will try your settings.

James Goggi