Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

<p>Well, I compelled myself to try tweaking, again.  And I have seemed to find myself in a viscous circle of 15-18ish FPS on the ground, again.  Occasionally 25, but more random it seems than as a result of anything I'm doing.  In flight, things are at least sorta usable, consistently 25ish.  I'm scared to even consider trying FSDT JFK.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Does anyone have any recent recommendations for settings on a 570 card?  Combined, with what I guess is now a low-end (4 year old) i7 975 processor.  I'd *like" to think my fsx.cfg is set through *******' site and some very minor alterations, so maybe focusing now on some performance-specific settings in Inspector.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>(of I could ever find a way to reduce the infamous mouse cursor on screen FPS drop :P )</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Hi Ryan, I don't usually post on forums unless important but I gotta ask you for a big favor (if you got time). I have followed guides everywhere to optimize FSX but I still can't that optimal performance where smoothness takes over. I currently get 25-30 fps (locked by nVidia inspector) in NGX VC, which seem reasonable but you can feel stuttering when you pan the view, and the sim isn't very smooth. If it's not a big hassle, can you (or any other avsim member here) provide us a general guide on how FSX is tweaked by you to get the best smooth performance out of it? 

Thanks and I appreciate it a lot. Here are my specs:

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4OC

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB Ram)

8 GB DDR3 RAM

1TB HDD 7200rpm

Windows 7 64-bit

My experience with Inspector has not been good.

When I set to override and then disable AA in FSX itself, there is no AA at all.

It does not seem that Inspector is in fact overriding and enforcing AA in FSX.

Thoughts?

spacer.png

When I set to override and then disable AA in FSX itself, there is no AA at all.

Thoughts?

Yes, you must have an AA mode selected in FSX (Aniso, Tri, Bil) - Nvidia will then overide those settings. If its off in the game - with FSX I dont think Nvidia is able to then overide it. Something to do with how it was written?

Im not 100% sure, but have deffinitely read you must have it turned on in the sim to get any AA in the game.

Thoughts?

There are a couple things you can do.

1. backup all NV Inspector profiles you have modified and install NVidia drivers "Clean" resetting all profiles during installation. Then modify the profile.

I did this recently and it works great...

2. Delete your "MS Flight Simulator X" NV Inspector profile (back up if you want) and create a new profile, name it FSX then click the "Add Application to Current Profile" button and add FSX to it. This way, when new drivers are installed it will not cause issues.. (Shouldn't anyway) Now make all the Inspector tweaks.

Anti-Aliasing should always be "unchecked" in FSX graphics settings in order for the NV Inspector Anti-Aliasing settings to work. My settings aren't the best, they work for me and can probably be improved. Going to play around with some other settings to see if anything else can be done.

FSX_Settings_Display_Graphics_06142013.j

These settings may not work for everyone so play around with the Aliasing setting until you get a good balance of what looks good to your eye.

vaeJonp_MSFSX_Nvidia_320.49_Inspector_GT

Sorry if this was already discussed. But is there a way using sweetfx with multiple monitors? Sweetfx works fine if I'm in window mode or if second screen is removed. If I go to fullscreen mode with two screens and sweetfx my fps drop from around 60 fps to 0.4 fps (default airport, default cessna, no weather).

Julian

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

Sorry if this was already discussed. But is there a way using sweetfx with multiple monitors? Sweetfx works fine if I'm in window mode or if second screen is removed. If I go to fullscreen mode with two screens and sweetfx my fps drop from around 60 fps to 0.4 fps (default airport, default cessna, no weather).

Julian

That's something else, I've never heard of that. Have you tried visiting the SweetFX authors forum thread to ask there?

Best advice I can give is to troubleshoot sweetFX settings to see if they are the culprit. Do that and also try starting with a fresh Nvidia Inspector profile. Enable each tweak one by one until you find the one responsible... assuming you get it to work without the FPS hit.

can you suggest optimal settings for gtx660ti and i52500k 4.4 ghz?

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Would someone with good knowledge on this subject be able to suggest an optimal setup with my specifications please?

Fly UK - Head of Operations

Jordan McTiffin

Would someone with good knowledge on this subject be able to suggest an optimal setup with my specifications please?

Jordan McTiffin

I would use the exact settings from Word Not Allowed's guide (Google for it, afaik I am not allowed to post a link to it here): there is a picture of the Inspector settings in his guide and I use those exact settings. Should work good for your system.

Take note that FSX doesn't like SLI: it may even perform worse so maybe you can disable ILS when you want to fly?

I would use the exact settings from Word Not Allowed's guide (Google for it, afaik I am not allowed to post a link to it here): there is a picture of the Inspector settings in his guide and I use those exact settings. Should work good for your system.

Take note that FSX doesn't like SLI: it may even perform worse so maybe you can disable ILS when you want to fly?

That's great I will search and try that when I get home.

Thanks,

Jordan McTiffin

Ryan, Today I found out about your inspector settings from a FroogleSim video he did on how he improved his performance for 737 & 777 (he is one of your beta testers).  I set up everything per your post here and added his cfg tweaks suggested; 1, highmemfix 2, widescreen 3 bufferpools off.  My results with my 737 unfortunately were not what he experienced.   My PC specs are in my profile and I will post a screen shot of my PNDG 737 overhead so you can see what I am getting all over the cockpit and the performance of FSX did not improve either so I am worse off than before I did this.  I have also posted a screenshot of my inspector settings.  I am hoping you can spot some little mistake I made that is causing this.  I will provide any additional info you may need to help.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Jerry

Jerry Hayman

Try these and let me know how you make out we crank down from there but this should really look good if not you have other issues.

ifwmdj.jpg

2z5nn9s.jpg

Rich Sennett

Thank you Rich, that seemed to smooth things out so it is much better than the photo I posted of the overhead but didn't do a whole lot for my frame rates yet.  There was one thing I forgot to mention in my original post using Ryan's settings and that is the same trying to set your inspector settings also.   Look at my screenie at the entry for SLI Compatibility bits; I do not have any option that ends with "D" so I had to take the one closest to it which was 0x02400205 that showed FSX in the setting value line.  Yours and Ryan's were both set to 0x0240020D.  I checked your inspector version and it is the same as mine and we are both using the same nvidia driver.  My graphics card is GTX560.  I have no idea what this means that I do not have the option you chose.  Do you know if this is an issue?

Thanks for your help to this point.

Jerry

Jerry Hayman

I do not have any option that ends with "D" so I had to take the one closest to it which was 0x02400205 that showed FSX in the setting value line.  Yours and Ryan's were both set to 0x0240020D

Don't think it will be of any use but afaik you can also simply TYPE those numbers and letters yourself: you do not HAVE to use a preset from the dropdown menu. Correct me if I am wrong, I can't check it right now.