Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Funky this looks like my sweet NI version not sure but sure looks like it as I am not using it right now best I can do.

:Confused:

Richard, with those settings on your NI screenshot, do you have Anti-aliasing ticked in FSX Settings - Display? 

Thanks,

Dirk.

Hi Richard,

I just download the Nvidea Inspector and saw you settings on page 16 and also saw the settings on the first page of this forum.

Which settings would you recommend, I have a GTX 680 4GB and are running 16GB ram and an I-7 3770 not OC , which were all purchased this year.

Your help is much appreciated.

regards

Damian

Damian Doyle

Flight sim's: FSX and X-plane

This is what I use - that 680 you have should be able to handle this 64x_4v12 - I always used this with my 680 - I am using beta driver (326.41) seems like a nice driver (do not use 329.49 piece of crap) hope this helps, keep in mind a ton of clouds will can bring any system to its knees so beware to cope use 1024 textures size on clouds it will help.

In fsx - ANSIOTROPIC - AA is NOT ticked

This NI setting is for normal use - NO ENB - FXAA - SWEETFX as all are more trouble than they are worth.

Maximum pre rendered frames play with that also its at 8 but I think I am going to put it back down to 3 seems like 8 is to much so you can play with that

All systems are different this is good start for all but not the end all Guys wish it was, I also use the Bojotes tweaking tool.

Frames set to 30 in fsx - no external limiter used

imqdg8.jpg

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Hi All

Don’t know if this is the correct place to ask this if not apologies and a redirection to the correct place would be good.

Can I ask how to turn the drivers back to the previous driver/update version on the Nvidea Inspector?

The current version does not run as well on my system as the previous version. I have tried importing previous saved template, but the basic format does not change and the updated drivers are still in place.

Thanks

Stewart 

I set the last screenshot Richard. Only lock fps I have 40. So much better. As it will be you, I don't know
IMPORTANT! There's a brand new update Nvidia driver, do NOT DOWNLOAD IT!!!! He mess it up!
326.41 what you need!
Good luck with the settings!

@mitis 8s is good

@knukles the latest beta driver is good as I see.latest whql is really mess.try latest beta driver.

• Upvote 1

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the help im at work but will try in a couple of hrs when I get home. I'l let you know how I go.

Regards

Damian

Damian Doyle

Flight sim's: FSX and X-plane

One question I have..Im not a real expert, so I have a GTX660 should I use 4xS, 8xS or 8xSQ?

8xS

I am using beta driver (326.41) seems like a nice driver (do not use 329.49 piece of crap)

Hi Richard,

Just gave this driver a try but my windows aero now does not work. Says the graphics card does not support it. Have I done something wrong or do beta drivers not support aero? Tried restarting desktop windows experience and running the Microsoft help things with no success.

EDIT - strange, I also cannot start FSX now, it says my Graphics card does not have the required shader support - something must have gone wrong here! Sigh

EDIT 2 - Wow after a little panic and alot of research I found out that an iPad app called Airdisplay was messing up new driver installations. Removed AirDisplay adapters from Windows and now it all works fine. Strange and irritating!

I noticed one moment, if you put bufferpoolz "0" and FSX.cfg, the simulator is much faster!
This value can be put, if you have a 16 GB+ of RAM
Tested and approved!)
With respect!

Driver 326,8 does not affect my settings simulator! With the previous version everything is fine.