Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Greetings all,

I just bought a new computer which has a NVIDEA (GTX745) card. My old computer used a ATI radeon. Where can I download the latest version of inspector? I googled it, found a few links, but I'm getting warnings from Mcafee. Perhaps they are false positives, but if anyone can provide a valid link they've previously used it would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ron

Rick,

Thanks for the link, but I'm confused. I downloaded the program (from the "mirror" links on the bottom of the page, but after the download the program is just a small box which shows internal computer info (GPU, BIOS, Temperature, etc). Nothing regarding anti-aliasing, etc. Where exactly should I be clicking?

Many thanks

Where exactly should I be clicking?

I am not at the computer with Inspector on it, so this is from memory. In the box you refer to is another small box in the center right with I believe a

screwdriver and wrench in it. Left click on that box and the Global Profile with the various settings will appear. Change it from Global to MS FSX and the default FSX settings will appear.

A-HA!!.......That wrench icon is hard to see. Got it working now. Appreciate your help.

Ron

Hey everyone,

So, I acquired a brand new EVGA GTX 780 6GB last week and I just wanted to let you know that one of my goals here over the summer is to redo this guide taking into account the more modern cards and driver options. I'm going to try to look into the DX10 stuff as well and incorporate that.

• Upvote 8

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hello Ryan,  I had a mind to send a Support Ticket re my new Nvidia GTX770 card but with your Post above, I might get the answers I required. Many Thanks.

Just got myself a 4g 770 myself, so ditto Richard's post.

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

FYI, using the nVidia frame rate limiter with my 2GB GTX 770 + 335.23 drivers causes frequent, random stutters (well, actually a "freeze" in which FSX does not run) lasting 4 or 5 seconds on average every 30 seconds or so. Unflyable!

So, for now, I'm using the internal frame rate limiter.

See my profile for my complete system specs.

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

This info is quite usefull but to start, the link ":http://blog.orbmu2k....-inspector-tool" is dead.

The other issue I have is that the inspector version I have has the tweak button grayed out. (see next to driver version)

My card (Quadro FX580, 512) is not the greatest but it does pretty good with my T3500 6 core x5670 with 12 gigs of ram.

I know this topic was started awhile ago and it is presently 2014 but I could sure use a hand at this. Thank you....

Flyboy

FYI, using the nVidia frame rate limiter with my 2GB GTX 770 + 335.23 drivers causes frequent, random stutters (well, actually a "freeze" in which FSX does not run) lasting 4 or 5 seconds on average every 30 seconds or so. Unflyable!

So, for now, I'm using the internal frame rate limiter.

See my profile for my complete system specs.

Thats odd. I have frames locked at 30fps in NI and set to unlimited in FSX, I found I got a good 5-7 increase in fps since doing so without any issues such as stuttering! Thats with DX10.

I Have a question about making sure that inspector is actually applying the settings in FSX. The reason  I ask is that my FSX is located not on the C drive but E drive. Does Inspector, when you install it automatically search out the program locations for the profiles it has like Flight Simulator X so it can associate the profile when the program is launched?

I have not seen any comments about manually assigning the location of the FSX.EXE with the add application button after making the  changes recommended above to the  pre-existing Flight Simulator X profile. Seems almost like one assumes  the  profile automatically knows where the FS.EXE file is located.

This may be a crucial step I am missing and maybe all the changes have not been ported to the game since I did not assign the location.

Greg

Greg Clark

This may be a crucial step I am missing and maybe all the changes have not been ported to the game since I did not assign the location.

It has been so long if there was a step that told NI where fsx.exe is located, I don't remember. However I don't think there was.

What you could do is make a significant change in one setting and that will confirm that the settings are effecting FSX. Try Antialasing-Transparency Supersampling at 8x Sparce Grid Supersampling and see if that makes a difference. Don't forget to remember what the setting was originally and change it back to that.

Michael,

I associated the application with my known FS.EXE location and it changes the appearance of the game. So I am assuming that yes one must tell inspector where the game is located.

Greg

Greg Clark

Michael,

I associated the application with my known FS.EXE location and it changes the appearance of the game. So I am assuming that yes one must tell inspector where the game is located.

Greg

How did you do this? Is there a browse button associated with the initial installation? Like I wrote, it has been so long since I initially installed Inspector that I don't remember. I have undated it probably 5-6 times since then and it has never requested an fsx.exe location with the updates.