Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

If you download the latest version FSX is no longer included - just Flight and FS9 so you will need to change a lot of the details that were a given before.

Alright. I have NO IDEA what I'm doing wrong... but my NVIDIA inspector looks nothing like that. I can see the wrench/screw driver icon... but I can't even click it! Any ideas? Solutions?

Thanks.

Joe.

Might I also add, I extracted everything into the same folder onto the desktop, which should work, to what I remember. Please help.

Thanks.

Joe.

I'm running the latest of nVidia inspector and FSX is still in mine. And I'm still using the settings from the first post in this thread, the 8xS ones. And the sim is beautiful and silky smooth.

Dave

Dave Paige

Never mind! I went elseware for an answer, and turns out I just needed to update my driver! :) :) :) :) :). So... there you have it. If you can't access Nvidia Inspector graphics card driver settings, just update the driver!

Anyway, thank you, Ryan, so much for taking a lot of time and effort to put together this document. It has helped me very much :).

Joe.

Hey everyone,

So, I acquired a brand new EVGA GTX 780 6GB last week and I just wanted to let you know that one of my goals here over the summer is to redo this guide taking into account the more modern cards and driver options. I'm going to try to look into the DX10 stuff as well and incorporate that.

I'm looking forward 

Don't bother guys, just go to the website in my sig, there's also a dedicated support forum, right here on Avsim. Cheers!

Oh, and disregard the first post, it's using an old version of Inspector and the info is outdated.

Hello! Are there any recommendations for GTX 780ti? has updated its GTX 780) Difference colossal.

Like I said a few posts ago I'm using the 8xS settings from the original post in this thread. I have a GTX 780 and they work great. The sim is silky smooth and a beautiful image.

Dave

Dave Paige

Hello! Are there any recommendations for GTX 780ti? has updated its GTX 780) Difference colossal.

10974f.jpg

The settings in post #552 are not a recommendation but they are what I am using now and they seem to work okay. The driver is 337.81 beta.

what settings is perfect to use with gtx770 4gb?

There is no perfect setup for any NVIDIA card. Many items enter into the NI settings. What driver are you using - FSX settings - was the fsx.cfg file tweaked by anyone or setup according to a guide such as NickN, Avsim, Kostas etc. Are you using DX10? What hardware and software are you using? The best bet is to setup NI in accordance with page 1 of this thread - the middle level which I believe is 8xS. Then read thru this complete thread and see if there are any settings that you think might apply to your situation. Try them and see how they work. If it doesn't work move on to the next one that might apply. I have been thru 4 cards, countless drives and hours and hours of time invested but my settings are probably not even close to perfect. It is a long process.