Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Hello! Do I need to set additional parameters in nVidea Inspector for the system SLI?
Thank you!

Hopefully someone can help me resolve this.

Inspector Settings:

sZobW1F.png

May be hard to tell from the screen but the foliage here and other objects appear scratchy I suppose is the best way to describe it, or pixelated. Aircraft look great, it's the terrain features that look odd.

vg2s0SQ.png

The contrast lines on the horizon in the skybox are easily visible.

VYKiHHa.png

If you are getting jagged edges after updating nVidia, you need to disallow nVidia's preferred FXAA usage in the Inspector.

Harry Sung

Does anyone know how to eliminate the heavy aliasing on the flight displays?

I'm using the settings from here, but my gauges are a jaggy mess, barely readable on my side, impossible on the other.

The people is see with smooth gauges claim to be using the same settings... so what am i missing exactly?

How do i go from this:

http://i.imgur.com/H9S9rlZ.jpg

to this

https://www.flickr.com/photos/111027138@N06/14902301692/

I'm getting desperate. ;~;

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

The people is see with smooth gauges claim to be using the same settings... so what am i missing exactly?
Neither view looks very clear to me. If you are FSX default views you need to be at .8 to 1.0 zoom factor. A straight a head view should only show the PFD and ND. If you need to see another instrument or control use your spacebar and mouse to pan to what you want to see.

Hey everyone,

So, I acquired a brand new EVGA GTX 780 6GB last week and I just wanted to let you know that one of my goals here over the summer is to redo this guide taking into account the more modern cards and driver options. I'm going to try to look into the DX10 stuff as well and incorporate that.

Hi Ryan,

would be great to get your feedback/update on the newer cards and NI settings...especially in view of DX10.

Best regards,

Rene

for the people who is having a performance problem on the sparsegridsampling. ( forgot waht is really called ) try using a dxt textures on clouds ( if youre using REX ) . i don this and now i dont have fps loss even in bad weathers. 

Hello, I am slightly changeing the subject, Today I bought a new monitor with the 144hz and 1ms and the  only item I changed in the NI was disenabling the vsync and because the video card is the nvidia 770gtx I selected gsync and the diference in FSX is totally unbelieveable.  I have been simming a long time and never has FSX been so realistic in scenery visuals.  Long may it continue.

Ryan,

The Nvidia Inspector program has changed the point where it is very difficult to set optimal settings for PMDG simulators.  Is there any chance that you could update this pinned item to reflect the latest version of Nvidia Inspector and reflect some suggested settings for various video cards, understanding of course that these settings could vary significantly with differing systems.  We just need some targets to shoot for.

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Wichita, KS

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Ryan,

The Nvidia Inspector program has changed the point where it is very difficult to set optimal settings for PMDG simulators.  Is there any chance that you could update this pinned item to reflect the latest version of Nvidia Inspector and reflect some suggested settings for various video cards, understanding of course that these settings could vary significantly with differing systems.  We just need some targets to shoot for.

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Wichita, KS

Here is the last word on this subject. This is a quote from Ryan Maziarz from his June 3, 2014 post. " I just wanted to let you know that one of my goals here over the summer is to redo this guide taking into account the more modern cards and driver options."

I have recently Re-installed my fsx and before i re-installed it i was getting 20-30 fps in the NGX but now im getting 5-10.... I have put every setting the same as it was before..... ANY HELP?!?!?!?!?!?!?