Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Ok so it seems that there has been some changes in options regarding Nvidia Inspector i will see if i can do anything with that and post some results here.

Johan

Bump. Would love to know what your settings are Tabs. I've got 4790k and gtx 780 combo. Shocking performance - I know my machine is capable, but it's just not performing.

Brian Nellis

Brian Nellis

Does anyone here have any config for i7-4790k @ 4.6GHz + GTX 980? I'm using the config on #552, but I think it might go even better. In terms of aliasing for me it is perfect, but I think there might be some improvement on smoothness. Sometimes the image seems to be gradually updating, just like when you open a gigantic image in photoshop. Sometimes, in sceneries with a lot of trees, the image seems to drag or to flick (don't know the term in English...). It's nothing too serious, but since it's a highend computer, I think it should not happen... Sorry if I haven't made myself clear. English is not my native language.

Has anyone tried to turn OFF Threaded Optimization - within the Nvidia Global Control Panel, I've heard it will eliminate the periodic stutters.

I will try this as soon as I get back home!

The stutters are killing me! 

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Ryan,

For comparison, would you be so kind as to PM your FSX.cfg settings to me please.  I have recently got a new system with i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz CPU, GeForce Nvidia GTX970 4GB graphics, 16GB 1600MHz RAM.

What are the recommended settings for Anti-aliasing and Filtering (anisotropic/trilinear)?

Also, what is the difference between DX9 and DX10? How do I know what my system is using?

Many thanks in advance.

Hello, Guy! I have a i7-4790k @ 4.7 OC, a GTX980 4GB, and 16GB 2133MHz RAM. I'm very satisfied with what I got on anti-aliasing configurations. I'm still working to get things smoother and to eliminate the "periodic stutters", as Albert said. Maybe we can exchange some ideias, since our systems are very similar. Call me on PM, if you want.

Felipe I got the sam CPu as you but with only 4.4!!

Do you know if hyperthreading comes already enabled?

These are my settings and they seem to run just fine.

i7 3770k oc@4.2///GTX680.

nvidia_20150115_233542.png

• Like 1

Felipe I got the sam CPu as you but with only 4.4!!

Do you know if hyperthreading comes already enabled?

Hello, Gonçalo! I really don't know about the native configs of this processor, but I'm pretty sure you are able to check/change it on your BIOS, as I did with the clock of my processor, increasing it to 4.7 GHz.

Maybe someone with P3D experience would like to share his favourite ingame  :ph34r: simulation settings here with PMDG 777? Is NI still in use or isn't it necessary anymore?

thanks

Hi Ryan

This is a very useful and informative tweak, however I am running NVIDIA inspector version 1.9.7.3 and the setting drop downs are not the same as yours above, do you run this version of inspector these days and if so could you post up you current settings for the 4*S profile please.

Mike Abbott-Smith

Do I use Nvidia inspector in P3D the same way I use in FSX?

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

Is NI still in use or isn't it necessary anymore?

From what I have read in the PMDG General and 777 Forums it is not used with P3D. The settings in Inspector are now made in P3D itself. Still used for FSX.

Do I use Nvidia inspector in P3D the same way I use in FSX?

See post #586.