Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Also, I believe that the FSX executable file (FSX.exe) is different for FSX:SE

That means that you also would have to configure your NI settings for FSX:SE as well.

Can you clarify it please? Are there any special settings for FSX-SE in NI? 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hi my version is 2.13 and there is only 1 profile corresponding to FS which is called Flight simulator 2000! no FSX at all!

Here is what Kyle mentioned, it may clarify something for you. 

Flight Simulator 1

Flight Simulator 2

Flight Simulator 3

Flight Simulator 4

Flight Simulator 5

Flight Simulator 5.1

Flight Simulator 95 (FS6)

Flight Simulator 98 (FS6.1)

Flight Simulator 2000 (FS7)

Flight Simulator 2002 (FS8)

Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9)

Flight Simulator X (FS10 - 'X' being the Roman Numeral for 10)

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Can you clarify it please? Are there any special settings for FSX-SE in NI? 

Sorry for the late reply.

In NI, click the yellow icon to "Create a new profile".

Name the Profile what you want.

Click the little blue rectangle the the green plus sign in it "Add Application to Current Profile"

Browse to the FSX:SE executable 

After that, edit the settings that you want in that profile.

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

Click the little blue rectangle the the green plus sign in it "Add Application to Current Profile"

Browse to the FSX:SE executable 

Did that: "Error adding Application. This app executable is already assigned to the following profiles: Microsoft Flight Sim 10"

PS. What is the difference between nvidia Inspector and nvidia Profile Inspector? Both look similar. 

Thx 

Hi my version is 2.13 and there is only 1 profile corresponding to FS which is called Flight simulator 2000! no FSX at all!

Highlight the title in the Profies entry box at the top, and then type MS. You'll get a pull-down menu with MS Flight, MS Flight Simulator 2004 and MS Flight Simulator X. Just click on the MS Flight Simulator X, and you're good to go.

Incidentally, since it's Profile Inspector 2.13, maybe someone could update the picture of the newest screen. There's a whole lot more, and different, data on the latest screen than on the old one, and maybe some new explanations, too.

Hey guys, apparently, in the newer versions of nvidia inspector, the profile is no longer MS Flight Simulator X, but Microsoft flight simulator 10. I lost quite some time troubleshooting until i realized this, so i thought i would post it here, maybe if tabs had the chance it would be good editing the original post...

Cheers!

I'm running the newest 2.13 Profile Inspector (part of the 1.9.7.7 nVidia Inspector) and if you highlight the Profiles box and type in MS, you'll see MS Flight, MS Flight Simulator 2004 and MS Flight Simulator X. Don't know which method you're using, but mine works for FSX.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This is normal,  nvidia settings do not affect the aircraft window,  don't waist your time trying to fix it, because its not broken. 

I noticed this same thing and researched it and found it documented ( sorry forget the source Nick's bible perhaps? ) 

So yeah bottom line don't its fine.  Concentrate on making it look good in FSX, because that's what counts. 

Hi guys.

After updating NI to the latest version I am not longer able to change profiles i save. I used be able to import my saved settings to play with them and change it back again. Now every time I import setting I see this message:

22832571198_3b277094c0.jpg

Is there a "new" way to import setting now? 

Thx for looking 

Hey guys, apparently, in the newer versions of nvidia inspector, the profile is no longer MS Flight Simulator X, but Microsoft flight simulator 10. I lost quite some time troubleshooting until i realized this, so i thought i would post it here, maybe if tabs had the chance it would be good editing the original post...

Cheers!

Thank you! God, I Thought I was losing my mind...

Um, am I the only one that can't see the screenshots of the profile settings? They were here when I was tweaking around with my settings a couple weeks ago but I'm not seeing them right now.

On 6-3-2017 at 4:09 AM, JD396 said:

Um, am I the only one that can't see the screenshots of the profile settings? They were here when I was tweaking around with my settings a couple weeks ago but I'm not seeing them right now.

No, I can't see them as well. It looks like most of the embedded images are now corrupt after the forum upgrade.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Just an X in a monitor where the screenshots were. As Tomas Hoste says, probably the forum upgrade had something to do with the problem.

Do I need to have the profile editor running while using FSX for the settings to work?

Thanks!

UPS123.png

11 hours ago, rfelger said:

Do I need to have the profile editor running while using FSX for the settings to work?

I don't believe so.

Hi folks,

is there any chance to post the different settings from post #1 again? I can't see them either and after an update of my graphic drivers I lost all the settings in the nvidia inspector :huh:

Thanks in advance,

Richard Paula