Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

On 13.3.2017 at 7:43 PM, Jackall said:

Hi folks,

is there any chance to post the different settings from post #1 again? I can't see them either and after an update of my graphic drivers I lost all the settings in the nvidia inspector :huh:

Thanks in advance,

Richard Paula

Hi again!

I despair slowly - is there anybody who can help me? After the last update for my Nvidia GTX 750ti card I lost my nvidia-inspector settings, which were running good. Before the update I used one of the post#1 settings, I think, probably 8xS or 8xSQ...

Now I have, especially on the wings of the PMDG 747 QOTSII and the PMDG 737NGX edged lines. The whole rear wing view seems edgy - from the lines on the wing to the edges of the flaps and ailerons...

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4664/4ccg2wp8_jpg.htm

I tried all different settings, from AA-setting 8xS to 8xSQ, supersampling, sparse grid supersampling... I think maybe one setting is wrong. Before my last update of the graphic driver the lines were definitely smooth.

I also noticed, that the aircraft in the  "preview-window-image" at the "load a flight"-section in the FSX Start-Window is totally edgy. This is new after loosing the settings after the driver update too.

I'm using the Nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8 and the profile Inspector 2.13. My last try were these settings:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4664/3tsccxg6_jpg.htm

I would really appreciate if there's anybody with an idea, helping me out of my 4 days enduring odyssey.... 

Thank you,

Richard

Hi all, I am running the nVidia Inspector version 1.9.7.3 and went to run FSX but now have blocky edges to the aircraft. Prior to today, my edges were nice and smooth. I went into nVidia INspector and for some reason, there is no option there for FSX. I've looked under Flight, MS, Microsoft, FSX to no avail. Anyone have any ideas? Also, I can't see any screenshots of Ryans post at the top of this thread anymore. Is it just me? Hoping someone can be of help!

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:09 AM, mcbellette said:

Hoping someone can be of help!

I believe it is called 10 instead of X. Something like Microsoft Flight Simulator 10. Screenshot links are broken. It's just not you.

12 hours ago, Not_Boeing_Not_Going said:

What is the best profile for best quality and best performance? Thanks.

That's like asking to go first class and saying I only wanti to buy for cattle class.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Anyone know why I can't see the images that were posted in Nick's original post? I am unable to set my Inspector up

I thought I was the only one. I am also unable to see the screenshot on the initial post. Could you guys please check?

I can't see the screen shots for NVidia settings... can you share that? 

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:42 AM, johnfo said:

Anyone know why I can't see the images that were posted in Nick's original post? I am unable to set my Inspector up

same here

On 5/20/2017 at 4:42 PM, johnfo said:

On 6/3/2017 at 6:30 AM, JohnsonPBX said:

I thought I was the only one. I am also unable to see the screenshot on the initial post. Could you guys please check?

6 hours ago, Narlos said:

I can't see the screen shots for NVidia settings... can you share that? 

When AVSIM updated the forum, all images were corrupted. 

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Hello flightsimmers,

Im reviewing as well about any update given current circumstances...

i wonder if its possible to update the original post, or create  a new one?   May be the best "Inspector" Settings for current simulators and current software availability?  (Just saying)...

I wonder if, for 64 bits, i can rise the bar a bit in terms of Nvidia/Inspector, and i bet its everyone´s desire at this time...

Thanks in advance and happy flying

• Upvote 1

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Hope it's not against Forum rules to post this here as it contains a link to a different forum.  I'm trying to help people, but don't want to fall foul of Forum rules either.  So if it's not allowed, the moderator can remove it.

Nick Needham also posted a guide to Nvidia Inspector for FSX in Simforums on 19 September 2010.  I saved it offline and have referred to it several times since when updating my system or the Nvidia drivers.  It's for an older version of the Inspector, of course (V1.9.3.2) but many of the settings still apply.  The post on that forum is still there, has been updated in 2014, AND includes the screenshots that can't be found in AVSIM forums any longer.  Here is the link : http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsx-cfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

In version 1.9.7.3 (the one currently on my system), you type "Microsoft Flight Simulator 10" in the drop-down box.  Hope this helps someone.

• Upvote 1

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just to report that Nvidia Inspector works really well in P3D V4. If using MSAA as with SSAA dynamic lighting can reduce performance significantly, I have created my own custom profile in NI and have little to no jaggies and have limited fps to 30 which also increases performance as well as using dxtory as an external fps limiter. 

Looks like Ryan's screenshots of the various setting are missing from the 1st post.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer