Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Hi Guys.

I hate to do this, but I am a little short on time and I have probably not done due dilligence in my searching. IF someone would be so kind as to point me into a good troubleshooting guide for the st.. sttt.. sttuddddeerrrss. that would very much appreciated.

I just did all of the tweaks Ryan taught. I have noticed a wonderful improvement in frame rates. LOVE IT! But the studders are killing me. I am also a follower of NickNs install as I built this machine for FSX and it was working great when I did that his install method and I also defrag with OnO 15. So I dont think I have issues there. Does anyone know if using System Mechanic to re-align files might have any effect on studders? It is similar to Ultimate defrag and moving files to the outside of the disk.

Those are areas of suspect in my opinion. I am far from any sort of guru that is for sure.

This is question 1...

Question 2 is, now that I have pretty good frame rates locked down around 30, I would like to eeek out a little more. What sliders have you guys felt are the biggest performance hits? For me I have noticed Autogen is huge as well as global complexity.

I am in need of performace more than stunning reality visuals as I fly jets and I am using this for an upcoming pilot interview so guages cockpit etc are key for me. I also am using Sivionics and ISG for some well placed FMC work. Ernie Alston did a fantastic job on those.

Anyway if you guys could point me to well respected resources I can take it from there. THANK you so much in advance!! Big%20Grin.gif

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is anyone getting CTD's without any errrors in the NGX with the FXAA allowed?

I just did all of the tweaks Ryan taught. I have noticed a wonderful improvement in frame rates. LOVE IT! But the studders are killing me. I am also a follower of NickNs install as I built this machine for FSX and it was working great when I did that his install method and I also defrag with OnO 15. So I dont think I have issues there. Does anyone know if using System Mechanic to re-align files might have any effect on studders? It is similar to Ultimate defrag and moving files to the outside of the disk.

Those are areas of suspect in my opinion. I am far from any sort of guru that is for sure.

This is question 1...

Question 2 is, now that I have pretty good frame rates locked down around 30, I would like to eeek out a little more. What sliders have you guys felt are the biggest performance hits? For me I have noticed Autogen is huge as well as global complexity.

Have you ever tried Word Not Allowed's Tuning Guide ?

http://#####...hardware-guide/

About sliders and settings :

I take scenery complexity and autogen density: Very Dense

Water : High 2x

NO Light Bloom or Scenery Shadows !

Road Traffic: 25% or less !

Jets: 30% and GA: 40%

Mostly 29-30 frames and very bad weather: 24-29 only minor stutters.

Minimum: runway KLAX or KJFK in stormy weather, virtual cockpit of the 737 NG : 16

Jetblst, i just saw that you have a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Quad Core at 3.4 Ghz.

In that case NickN's tuning is probably the best you can do, since Word Not Allowed's tuning is more for the latest 2 CPU generations.

And of course there's also the Bojote's Automatic Tuning Tool:

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

FSX will always have stutters, even with the latest Intel I7 Ivy Bridge processor overclocked to 4.5 Ghz or more and a Nvidia GTX-680 videocard, FSX Word Not Allowed-tuned to perfection, NvidiaInspector with the best settings, small microstutters are reported.

Laminar's P3D gives the same framerate but is smoother: look for tests at Word Not Allowed's site.

PS: what i said about sliders and settings was also for a more highend PC, so you have to experiment and have your settings lower.

when i choose 2x grid supersampling, it looks ok but frames decrase instantly with my 660ti card. do you have any good suggestion?

Hi All

Can any one tell me if updating the video card driver will make changes to settings used with the Inspector?

Will I have to go back and re do the settings again, or will it just change the graphics card?

Thanks

Stewart

Yes every driver update will result in you having to put them back in but you can export your changes out and reimport them it's in the top menu do it before you update your driver.

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you tell me how to do this?

Stewart

Thanks a million man. I have never had my sim run so smoothly. Truly helpful. Cpt out.

I have been using Ryan's settings on my new rig. This is the first time I use Inspector.

Question is: Are there any advantage of using 30fps as a limit? Flying the Carenado 172N, Fraps shows a steady 30 but with the Carenado CT182T G1000, it drops to 15-20 fps.

When I use the "unlimited fps settings" I reach 40 fps on the T182T and it is much smoother.

BTW I use 3 monitors, please see my PC specs.

Thanks for your advice.

Use the external limiter 0.2 and set the fps in fsx to 30 it will stabilize your fps especially with higher detail planes such as the ngx the planes you speak of are not that bad on fps

spent a month pulling all my hair out trying to figure out what was causing the wild swings in my FPS for no reason at all. flying along at 30 fps and then crunched down to as low as 2 FPS...Poor old REX got most of the blame for it.

was ready today to re install fsx and the 100 add ons when I stumbled across windows anti virus was using bit defender. how did I miss that ! the new performance is breath taking.

Dont be a dill like me and make sure your windows anti virus is turned off as well as your ad on anti virus

Just stumbled on this post from Zoran,

Is Defender that bad for fps??

Thanks Richard,

Got FSX internal settings at 30 fps, but pardon my ignorance, what is this external limiter 0.2, is that in Inspector?

OK just found out what this 0.2 limiter is. We'll try it.

Thanks Richard.

Great was looking for the download for it you beat me too it. Make sure you set fps in fsx to unlimited and the external limiter to 30 fps

I thought the limiter in the latest versions of inspector replaced the external limiters. What the advantage of using another external limiter versus inspector?

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi guys,

I am kind of frustrated. Worked through the whole post here, read Kostas suggestions regarding the FSX settings but I am still having trouble, getting decent frame rates. With CYVR from FSDT out I am getting there 10 fps in a E-Jet v2, so I don´t even bother trying the NGX.

My computer: i7-2700k - oc to 4.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA 560Ti 2GB - FPS limited in FSX to 30, in NVIDIA Inspector to unlimited (tried it otherwise - no difference).

I use ORBX, Active Sky Evolution with REX textures (not HD) ...

Does anyone have suggestions, how to improve my fps ? I thought I do decent hardware to run the FSX smoothly ?

Thanks

Joerg

Hold on

5efx8p.jpg

34zj5gg.jpg

Thanks for your help I will try this tonight.

Regards

Stewart

Joerg what do you mean you have limiter at unlimited in nvidia inspector turn it off in NI and set your external limiter to 30 fps and set in FSX to unlimited, the NI frame limiter is a piece of crap I tried it fps was all over the place, you should be doing well with your system something really wrong also look at my nivida inspector settings above try that might like it if you use above settings you need to turn Ansiotropic on and click antialiasing box graphic settings in FSX.

Now if that doesn't work use these settings and make sure you use Bojotes tool first

http://forum.avsim.n...aphic-settings/

I don't know if this is germain to this subject, but I installed Call Of Duty-Black Ops on 12/25. My FSX was immediately affected to the point I uninstalled COD and did a complete and clean uninstall and reinstall of FSX (still in progress). I even updated my video card to a GTX 650. Alas my system is still running slower than snot in January. My question is could the install and uninstall of COD left some residual interference on my system to the point of this hit I am taking on speed in the system. This is a Dell XPS 8300 with 8 gigs of RAM and the GTX has 2. Thanks.

Thinking it's probably time for a major update to this post... might start working on one in my spare time.

Thinking it's probably time for a major update to this post... might start working on one in my spare time.

That'd be cool Ryan. Thanks.

Solved the above issue by uninstalling Norton and loading Microsoft Security Essential. What a difference.

• Upvote 1

Guys,

I have always had a completely functioning and stable platform with the NGX singing beautifully with no problems with an all-dressed setup (Active Sky 2012, UT2, AES, ORBX, Ezdok, Track-IR etc.).

I have been occupied with other distractions over the last year but always had time to do a proficiency flight every month. This weekend I fired up FSX and had 2 problems. 1) an Ultimate Traffic message saying that I need to register (I am fully licensed and up to date) and 2) my EZdok cameras would not function and would give me strange external views (cargo areas in the NGX). I tried re-installing EZdok and running the config utility but with the same results.

I discovered that windows update updated my video drivers and I did swap out an SSD for drive C:. I did NOT use Inspector to redo my settings. Could this be related to my EZdok problem? Can anyone shed any light on these problems. It seems weird that one month everything works and things do not after a video driver update. Anyway any clues would be appreciated!

Cheers, s