Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Hey, just installed flight sim (2004 for now) on girlfriend's new computer until I get mine. It has a 520 graphics card on it (Windows 7 OS). I configured Inspector the way you showed us, but I see NO AA effects in the sim as it is still very blocky and the lights at night are flickering. I am getting a nice steady 35fps though. any thoughts???

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

I'm testing the new frame limiter, but I have a doubt.I have the frame limiter set to 30 fps and unlimited in FSX.It is normal framerate in FSX display numbers greater than 30 fps?Regards

never mind, got it working....

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Never mind found it..

Edited by nocaltom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

SNIP
Ryan, could you possibly give a disclaimer as to how xS anti-aliasing will afflict many systems with stutters? I'm seeing a trend in the forums of folks getting stutters induced by this aggressive AA type. Maybe recommend a straight anti-aliasing method like xQ for those who are afflicted with stutters after using your settings?I'm also going to PM you, even though I know your inbox is probably full of customer's PMs. Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Should the inspector apply the settings on the fly or do you have to restart FSX for them to take effect?Dave

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you run the program? After you've made the tweaks do you leave the program open, or can you close it down?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you run the program? After you've made the tweaks do you leave the program open, or can you close it down?
Just in case someone wants to answer this question: it's already answered.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/360629-running-nvidia-inspector/page__fromsearch__1:wink:

I've noticed a bit of a bug when using the inspector to lock your framerate. I was flying formation with some AI aircraft, and I noticed that they were jerking forwards and backwards while in the air. After toying around with some settings, I found that this was caused by having the FPS set to unlimited in FSX while locking them through Inspector / Nvidia. So I'm back to running with the FSX frame rates locked to 40FPS and leaving the Inspector locked at 60FPS. I guess I could remove the inspector lock but it doesn't seem to harm it in any way.Small drawback that is probably only a big deal if you fly formation with your AI, so not that huge a deal.

Ryan, could you possibly give a disclaimer as to how xS anti-aliasing will afflict many systems with stutters? I'm seeing a trend in the forums of folks getting stutters induced by this aggressive AA type. Maybe recommend a straight anti-aliasing method like xQ for those who are afflicted with stutters after using your settings?I'm also going to PM you, even though I know your inbox is probably full of customer's PMs.
ZachI have been messing around with settings in Inspector and using different drivers for almost a year. I never could get rid of the stutters with any plane until I read your post. I am currently using Ryan's settings in 8xS version with the exception of Antialasing Settings which I have at 8xQ and Transparency Supersampling which I have at 8xSupersampling with driver 295.51. The stutters are gone and the FPS has increased about 3-4 at addon airports. I noticed a post you made several days ago about SS being difficult on hardware. What do you mean by that?Michael

ZachI have been messing around with settings in Inspector and using different drivers for almost a year. I never could get rid of the stutters with any plane until I read your post. I am currently using Ryan's settings in 8xS version with the exception of Antialasing Settings which I have at 8xQ and Transparency Supersampling which I have at 8xSupersampling with driver 295.51. The stutters are gone and the FPS has increased about 3-4 at addon airports. I noticed a post you made several days ago about SS being difficult on hardware. What do you mean by that?Michael
It's hard for the machine to keep up when supersampling is being used due to the inherent method it uses to produce the finished image. Most computers won't have the cpu, gpu and/or memory bandwidth to allow it to run smoothly.In your case, you've covered all the bases :(

Hello,I would like some help on this.I have downloaded the said zip file and unzipped it.Executing it does not gives me what I see on this site. I can not get all the screens that is shown on this site.This is what I get when using it. The CustomSettingNames_en file is empty as far as I can see.Could not insert the image so it is as an attachment.There is also the situation with the framerate software that I downloaded form the site www.venetubo.com/fsx.html.It is said that we have to use unlimited framerates and than use the framerate software to set it to 60 or multiple of it.Executing the software I do not see anything, neither as FSX is running.Is there some one to tell me how to use that??????????????????Hope I can get some answers.Thanks in advance,Carlos OosterlingPC: AMD FX8150, 8 core, 3,6 GHz, 16 GB mem, GTX570, 1280 MB, 2 ssd HDD, one for FSX.

Edited by Carolus39

Carlos,Press the button to the right of the Driver Version. It has a wrench and screwdriver depicted on it.

Hello,I posted a problem yesterday and now I can not find it again.Anyhow, I have this GTX 570 card, 1280 MB mem, AMD FX8150, 8core 3,6 Gz, 16 GB mem, 2x ssd, one for fsx.I have set all the tweaks in the books and instruction manual and from this forum.I also used the Nvidia Inspector to set all in sync with what you have shown us.Still my fp fluctuates between 4,5 and 25.What I was surprised of was that my card when flying and accelerating doesn't use that much gpu and video mem.So why we need such highend cards if it doesn't matter.Here is an attachment included, showing the results.Can someone explain that to me.Thanks in advance,Carlos OosterlingThank you Jim Karn.After some trying around I discovered the same button.Carlos Oosterling