Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

I only use 320.9 official driver, I didn't know about 326.41 driver!! Is it any good for FSX It will give me more stable FPS. I only use DX9 and I have Ryan Inspector settings!

• Upvote 1

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Gentleman,

Having a small issue, Im not sure how this issue fixes its self or how it even happens but it has come to the point where I have got really annoyed with it.

The problem is that a couple of days back I updated my nVidia GPU drivers and since the update my ground textures are blurry...I did not have this issue before the update but I have faced this issue before and im not certain how i fixed this...initially I had to remove and re-install AS2012 and it apparently fixed it but everytime i update drivers it seems to keep having therefore Im certain this cannot be an Active Sky issue.

Therefore i Would really appreciate if someone could help me on this matter, i will provide any details required.

I have also setup my nVidiaInspector settings according to this guide

Thanks a bunch

Aaqib Afzal

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

I have also setup my nVidiaInspector settings according to this guide

Aagib

I have two questions.

1. When you refer to guide, what guide are you taking about? There are so many different settings put forth in this thread that I really don't see a complete guide unless it is the one on page one of this thread which is kind of outdated now. It is two and half ears old now.

2. Before installing a new driver do you export your FSX settings (not global) to a temporary folder and then import the settings once the driver is installed?

Michael Cubine

Aagib

I have two questions.

1. When you refer to guide, what guide are you taking about? There are so many different settings put forth in this thread that I really don't see a complete guide unless it is the one on page one of this thread which is kind of outdated now. It is two and half ears old now.

2. Before installing a new driver do you export your FSX settings (not global) to a temporary folder and then import the settings once the driver is installed?

Michael Cubine

Hi Michael

Thanks for your response, Answers to your questions are as below,

1)When I meant guide two things that I use, I used post #1 of this thread and also followed and tweaked my fsx.cfg using Kostas Guide for along time now thats how I have been running FSX without doing or making any changes to this

2)When you mean FSX Settings do you mean the changes I make with nVidia Inspector for the FSX profile or the FSX Settings available inside fsx?Regardless I do not make any exporting of profiles prior to updating my drivers...therefore what I meant regarding nvidia inspector settings is the settings available in post #1

Thanks

Aaqib Afzal

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Request for advice:

I am running an Alien 51 system I7 3770 @3.4 Ghz, 16 Gb Ram Win 7 64 bit and a GeForce GTX555 Driver 296.36.  I have a lot of addon scenery from Just Flight UK photo Scenery most of Gary Summons UK2000 scenery.  I also run a lot of European destinations from Aerosoft and AS2012.  At last to the point, I am using FSX Booster 2013 and wondered if I should use the NVidia Navigator fix as well or will they conflict.  I used *******'s online FS Config editor previously on a different rig and wondered if I should consider running the Investigator changes as described at the begining of this thread.  With NGX I get between 30 and 45 FPS but have noticed a drop with the T7.  I have disabled a lot of my scenery to combat the OOM crasshes I experienced with the T7 which appears to have resolved that issue.  Is it possible to use the ******* online fix FSX Booster and the profile changer NVidia Investigator.

I appreciate the time and thank you in advance for the advice given

Dave Boreham

Aaqib

I can't give you a specific recommendation about blurred ground textures. But I question the wisdom of setting up your card and FSX.cfg using two people’s ideas about how to do it. Kostas also has a guide for setting up inspector. You might want to try that.

Anyway once you are satisfied with your settings for FSX in the inspector you want to save them (export), install the driver, and reinstall your inspector settings (import).I have found that installing a new driver resets the inspector setting to default for MS Flightsimulator X. I am using version 1.9.6.7 of the inspector and the export/import feature is the 8th and 9th icons  across the top of the page. Before exporting make sure you know where you are going to send the settings.The file extension that is saved will be .nip. I export mine to C:\ Temp\Inspector Settings\. I have four setting files in this folder – 331settings.nip and so on.

Michael Cubine

How depressing is it to have 16gig ram, an i7, and a 3gig GTX780 SC but only get 8-12 fps when approaching an ORBX airport. Answer - VERY.

FSX is such an outdated piece of junk. Bring on a successor that is optimised for todays CPU and GPUs.

How depressing is it to have 16gig ram, an i7, and a 3gig GTX780 SC but only get 8-12 fps when approaching an ORBX airport. Answer - VERY.

FSX is such an outdated piece of junk. Bring on a successor that is optimised for todays CPU and GPUs.

Than something is seriously wrong with your settings. I have 16GB of RAM, i5 4670K 4.0GHz and 2GB 770GTX. Testing the 777 at ORBX's KJAC I get 25-27 frames in the VC and 40-60 in external view. REX 2048 clouds, AS2012 10 cloud layers (haven't tested a higher value yet), 8xS AA, 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling and 16 AF. LOD Radius on 5.5 and max texture load on 4096. Haven't had a single OOM yet (doesn't mean I will never get them). I suggest starting out with a fresh FSX install and cfg.

EDIT: I see you have an i7-2600. I have no knowledge of this CPU, so maybe someone else could tell you if your CPU might be the culprit.

Than something is seriously wrong with your settings. I have 16GB of RAM, i5 4670K 4.0GHz and 2GB 770GTX. Testing the 777 at ORBX's KJAC I get 25-27 frames in the VC and 40-60 in external view. REX 2048 clouds, AS2012 10 cloud layers (haven't tested a higher value yet), 8xS AA, 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling and 16 AF. LOD Radius on 5.5 and max texture load on 4096. Haven't had a single OOM yet (doesn't mean I will never get them). I suggest starting out with a fresh FSX install and cfg.

EDIT: I see you have an i7-2600. I have no knowledge of this CPU, so maybe someone else could tell you if your CPU might be the culprit.

KJAC is in the middle of nowhere, tell me what your frames are at YMML

KJAC is in the middle of nowhere, tell me what your frames are at YMML

Will do if you can provide me with a legal copy :P

Hello I am trying to find the best NI / FSX settings for the following system which was built by Jetline:

Operating System: Window 7 Home Premium 64bit
RAM type: DDR 3 SDRAM
CPU Cores: I7 3770K Quad Core OC 4.6GHz (running on air cooling via Thermaltake Frio OCK, I am active duty and move a lot so using LC, is not a good option for me.  Stress Test show 4.6 an obtainable OC and sustainable.)
RAM size: 16GB @1866MHz (CL9)
CPU speed in GHz Graphics: OC 4.6GHz / Graphics NVidia 670GTX OC
monitor resolution: 1920x1080P
Hard Drive Capacity:
C Main Drive Windows: 111GB SSD
B Data: 931GB HHD 7,200RPM Mega Scenery Drive
D Backup: 465GB HHD 7,200RPM
E Gaming: 931GB HHD 7,200RPM FSX Drive
F Other: 70GB HHD 10,000RPM
Optical Drive Media Type: Blu-Ray-RW/DVD-RW

I don't use Autogen, as I use primarily Photo Scenery, in addition I turn off both scenery and airports which I will not be using to help with VAS. 

My current FR is locked at 30 which is no problem during flight, with PMDG 777 and Flight Beam KSFO on approach it can drop and be 15-20.

I know it will never be perfect, but I am curious and want to open up to the community and see what they recommend for the best settings for both FSX and NI.

Addons

REX, PFPX, Aerosoft FDC, PFE

Scenery;

Ultimate Traffic 2 (no regional traffic, only commercial)

Flight 1 Ultimate Terrain and GEX for North America

Mega Scenery Earth II all 50 states

FS Dream Team:

KLAX, KLAS, KORD, KJFK, PHNL (Future KDFW, HAWAII 2,)

Flight Beam:

KSFO, KIAD (Future KPHX, KDEN)

Imagine Sim:

KDEN, KATL, KCVG (Future MYNN, KCLT, KATL2)

Aerosoft:

EGLL, EDDF (Future LIRF)

Fly Tampa:

KTPA, KBOS (Future Sydney)

Latin VFR:

KSAN, KMIA

Other:

KPHL

Aircraft;

PMDG:

B/738, B/772, B/744 (Future J-41)

Captain Sim:

B/762, Future (B/752, B/707, B/722, C-130)

Level D: B/763

Quality Wings: B/752

Feel There: E/145

Wilco: CRJ/200/700

(Future Majestic Dash-8, Aerosoft CRJ-700)

In NVIDIA Inspector I can't click the wrench screw driver thing! I get this:

25ah.png

When trying to install the NVIDIA Driver I get this:

oyca.png