Sign in to follow this  
lkrobbins

Dirk Stuck's NYPD Dodge Charger

I am having a problem with re-textureing of this addon. I want to re-texture for District of Columbia Police car. It looks pretty good at this point, but when I try to recolor the hood, it just turns black. Also, the top is black and two areas on the bumper are black. This isn't the case on the original. I have tried changing every black texture in the model with no avail. If anyone would like to take a look at my new texture file, then send me n email at: admin@myflightsimblog.com. Thanks in advance Larry www.myflightsimblog.com

I got the files and tested them.Here is my answer ( already mailed) to Larry.Hi Larry,Keep in mind:Whenever you are making a repaint make your edited files exactly the same type of file as the original ones.In many cases its not important and you can change filetypes ( to improof texture-quality)BUT objects like this often are very filetype-sensitiveYour white.BMP was 24 bitThe original was DXT3 16 bitThats all.RegardsLeenGenerally spoken, stick to the filetypes the makers of the model originally used.FSX is more sensitive for these issues than FS9.IF you want to experiment with file-types just take one file and see what happens.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

I got the files and tested them.Here is my answer ( already mailed) to Larry.Hi Larry,Keep in mind:Whenever you are making a repaint make your edited files exactly the same type of file as the original ones.In many cases its not important and you can change filetypes ( to improof texture-quality)BUT objects like this often are very filetype-sensitiveYour white.BMP was 24 bitThe original was DXT3 16 bitThats all.RegardsLeenGenerally spoken, stick to the filetypes the makers of the model originally used.FSX is more sensitive for these issues than FS9.IF you want to experiment with file-types just take one file and see what happens.
Leen,You are a freakin Genius.....well at least more experienced than I am with re-textures. LOL. Apparently, the photo editing program I was using (GIMP) had changed the file type for me whenever I would save it because it wasn't sure how to handle a particular layer. I choose "ignore" and saved it as the same as the original. Further investigation had reveled the same to happen to a second texture. Thus, the reason for the black on top of the car and the rear bumper. Correction of these two files resulted in a perfect texture. Thanks for your insight. I think I will now Upload the repaint to AVSIM. Below is a photo of the finished product showing the hood, top, and back.