Sign in to follow this  
abdelsa

Flaps problem

Hi,I have a problem; the FO do not extend or retract the flaps... when I request a flap position the FO reply properly, and I can hear the flap sound, but the flap lever don't move, and the flap indication neither.Thanks for your great products.Regards,Abdel R. Sotolongo

Hi Abel,That's an easy one.This is a known bug in the iFly 737 aircraft itself. (It will be fixed in the next SP for the iFly. I talk to the iFly lead programmer all the time... that's how I know this :( )For some reason, the flap handle needs AC power in order to move.So, in your case, AC power was obviously not available.I suspect you were 'skipping around' to different commands without the aircraft being configured properly (ie., no AC power either via the APU, GPU or ENG's).Cheers,

Hi Bryan,I know the AC thin, but the aircraft was configured properly, and the flap handle worked via mouse clik on VC... so I think is not an AC problem... any way, I'll test it again and tell you something.Thank you,Abdel R. Sotolongo

Only other thing I can think of is:1. Is SP1 Rev 3 installed?2. Are you running any external hardware that attempts to control the flap handle?Try using the Function Keys to move the flap handle.For the flaps, all FS2Crew does is send a command via the SDK to position the flaps. It's dead simple.Cheers,

Hi,It is solved. I'm running the CH Throttle Quadrant to control the flap handle via fsuipc, when this control was disabled the problem gone.Thanks for your time and support.Regards,Abdel R. Sotolongo

btwI saw the video to the IFLY. The sequence there is Flaps 15° and there after gear down. I think it should be conversely. First gear down and there after flaps 15°Only saw the video and don´t own this version.....

btwI saw the video to the IFLY. The sequence there is Flaps 15° and there after gear down. I think it should be conversely. First gear down and there after flaps 15°Only saw the video and don´t own this version.....
What are you basing that on?

What are you basing that on?
This video at 4:24http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivwzweKgWF4&feature=player_embedded#! You can see it at several just planes 737NG DVD´s, for example the TUIFLY one. You also can find it in the flight manuals or for example here: http://www.smartcockpit.com/pdf/plane/boeing/B737/diagrams/0003/Typical sequence: -flaps1-flaps5(flaps 10) only non standard - higher glides-gear down-flaps15-flaps25 (airline optional)-flaps30/40

Hi just did a few go arounds using the US voices .. i called flaps 5 and flaps 1 but he never retracted them .. .. it was just a quick flight to test some thing else out so the FMC wasnt fully set up but just the weights inputed and started up engines running so maybe this was why . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

This video at 4:24http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivwzweKgWF4&feature=player_embedded#! You can see it at several just planes 737NG DVD´s, for example the TUIFLY one. You also can find it in the flight manuals or for example here: http://www.smartcockpit.com/pdf/plane/boeing/B737/diagrams/0003/Typical sequence: -flaps1-flaps5(flaps 10) only non standard - higher glides-gear down-flaps15-flaps25 (airline optional)-flaps30/40
Hi Holgi,I just checked this Damien.Turns out you're right.... I'll correct the sequence in the next update.Cheers,

Hi holgi,You're correct about the gear down call before flaps 15. Regarding flaps 10 being only non standard, that is not correct, if for instance ATC gives up a 170knot speed restriction we'd use flap 10, another example would be airports which require continuous descent profiles, at light weights if flap 5 was used you'd have trouble keeping the speed back so flap 10 is used to give a little drag. Flaps 10/180/170 Knots is useful for intermediate approach maneuvering.Quote from the book for youFlap Configurations for Approach and LandingDuring maneuvering for an approach, when the situation dictates an earlier thannormal speed reduction, the use of flaps 10 with the gear up is acceptable.Regards

Hi holgi,You're correct about the gear down call before flaps 15. Regarding flaps 10 being only non standard, that is not correct, if for instance ATC gives up a 170knot speed restriction we'd use flap 10, another example would be airports which require continuous descent profiles, at light weights if flap 5 was used you'd have trouble keeping the speed back so flap 10 is used to give a little drag. Flaps 10/180/170 Knots is useful for intermediate approach maneuvering.Quote from the book for youFlap Configurations for Approach and LandingDuring maneuvering for an approach, when the situation dictates an earlier thannormal speed reduction, the use of flaps 10 with the gear up is acceptable.Regards
Okay, Flaps 10 stays.And the Gear before Flaps 15 is already in the Hotfix (which is being tested now).Cheers,

Thanks for the infosFlaps 10° as non standard was only a example for a possible flaps 10° situation. At least at german airlines you see a flaps 10° configuration very very seldom. Typical for standard ILS approaches is flaps 5° and then flaps 15°. In saw a flaps 10° configuration only one time when I was jumpseating on a trip to Corfu. The PF called "flaps 10° non standard". Later on he explained that it was due to the higher descent profil.This is one of the reasons why I like the voice commander version more, gives you a broader range to react....BTWBryan, did you meanwhile change your mind concerning a voice commander version? Would still love to see a voice commander IFLY version!

Would it be possible within the FS2Crew framework for the iFly to allow Flaps 10 as a secondary button selection? So for normal ops go 5 - 15 with the option of 10 if needed?Alex