Sign in to follow this  
abdelsa

Flaps problem

Would it be possible within the FS2Crew framework for the iFly to allow Flaps 10 as a secondary button selection? So for normal ops go 5 - 15 with the option of 10 if needed?Alex
Hi Alex,That's get tricky.If you want to 'skip' Flaps 10... it's easy.Just click the 'down arrow' button to the right of the Secondary Display panel and you can 'skip over' that call.Cheers,

I noticed that after a flaps 1 take off the flaps retraction schedule begins with flaps 5. Could be possible to synchronize the selected flap take off in the briefing with the retraction schedule?Daniel.

Hi Galland For now Just do what Bryan said above , scroll to the next part so you miss out flaps 1,5 etc . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

I noticed that after a flaps 1 take off the flaps retraction schedule begins with flaps 5. Could be possible to synchronize the selected flap take off in the briefing with the retraction schedule?Daniel.
Hi Dan,This is already coded in and I've tested it a lot.FS2Crew should predict the next flap setting based on your existing TO flap, so as to avoid the situation you described.The only ways I could see this getting bungled are:1. You're manually "skipping around" using the arrow keys so as to avoid making certain calls.FS2Crew calculates during the call just prior to the first "Flaps XX" call during clean-up what your pre-existing flap selection is.2. You've installed a mod or something that changes the iFly's pre-existing values for flaps,Cheers,

Hi Bryan,I only use Radar Contact 4 and Pdfkneeboard. I don't use any other add on and I don't touch the arrow keys until I have to skip flaps 1 and 5 after take off, like Rich said. I'll try to make a test flight without addons loaded. Anyway this version is very good and offers a great inmersion. I cant fly without it now.Thanks.Daniel.

Hi Bryan,I only use Radar Contact 4 and Pdfkneeboard. I don't use any other add on and I don't touch the arrow keys until I have to skip flaps 1 and 5 after take off, like Rich said. I'll try to make a test flight without addons loaded. Anyway this version is very good and offers a great inmersion. I cant fly without it now.Thanks.Daniel.
Glad you like it.I just released V1.1Those addons shouldn't make a difference.But who knows.I'm interested in any addons that may modify the aircraft.cfg file.Cheers,

Hi all , i have a problem with the flaps setting .

I have : FS2004 , ifly v3.1 Fs2crew v1.6 botton control . So win7 64

departure briefing performed , set flaps5 ; FMC setting with Flaps5 . (Before ) before taxi checklist call (with botton) "SET TEKEOFF FLAPS" and FO set FLAP40 !!!

After Takeoff call FLAPS1 and the FO set FLAPS40 !!!!

The same in approach , call FLAPS1 and the FO set FLAPS40 !!!

Can you help me ??

Thanks

Franco

Hello,

I have been having a similar problem.  When I ask for flap 5, I get flap 40.  I have checked the settings for flaps.  I did change the settings in the FS9 configuration settings to see if that would help the problem, thinking that FS Crew was using flaps full for single flap setting, but I still have the same result.  I am able to use my joystick to select one flap setting at a time and then I just use my mouse to click past the  flap settings in FS Crew.  What could be wrong?

I have deleted FS Crew and reinstalled the program but I still have the same problem.

I did see you question above, the only change that I can think of is that I set up a switch on my joystick using FSCUIP (?) to control my speed brake.

Thank you for any Ideas.

R Jones

Hi,

First, are you sure the speech reco system hears "Flaps 5" and not "Flaps 40".  Please double check the Green Bar.

Does this happen in the air or when you call for the takeoff flaps?

If when you call for takeoff flaps, ensure cold weather procedures are not selected to Yes on the Briefing page.

FS2Crew controls the flaps via the iFly SDK.

It's very simple.

Hello Brian,

I am using the button control version.  The full flaps happens (in the air)  both when I ask for flaps 1(from flap 5) after take off and also when I ask for flaps 5 on approach. In both cased the flaps go to the full flap setting.

I will check to make sure that the cold weather procedures are not selected on the briefing page. ( I have checked and the cold weather procedures are not on)

I am hoping that it is something simple.

Thank you

I have an idea.

Try re-assigning your Main and Secondary FS2Crew buttons.

Maybe one of them is conflicting with another assignment somehow.

Also, use the keyboard instead of your joystick for the FS2Crew buttons.

This is just to help eliminate stuff.

Also, when did you first start using FS2Crew ifly? 

Did this problem just start happening?

Hello,

I have been using FSCrew iFly since about day one, the problem is very recent.  I will try checking the assignments and also use the keyboard buttons to call for flaps. 

Thank you for the suggestion.