Sign in to follow this  
abdelsa

Flaps problem

I had the same behavier with the Voice Version. In preparation of my new pedestal I assigned the Flapsaxis to my Flaplever via FSUIPC. This is the reason for the FS2Crew FO, to confirm the flap setting, but not move the flaps.

The Solution is Not to assign any axis for the flaps in FSUIPC or FS settings.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards / Schöne Grüße
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

Good morning,

As of this morning I still have not been able to solve this problem.  I recently reinstalled my Level D and am able to use the FS Crew voice with that airplane with no problem  I have been using the button version for the iFly by not asking for the flap settings from fs crew.  I just do the flaps manually.  However with my success with the voice for the Level D I went ahead and bought the voice version for the iFly as well.  I still have the same problem, whenever I ask for any thing to do with the flaps fs Crew always selects full flaps.  This is weather I ask for flaps up or down.

I have tried to read the forms and follow the advice with no luck.  I am certain that the problem is somewhere in my FS9 set up but I have no idea how to fix it.  Any help or ideas?

Thank you,

R Jones

Thank you for the suggestion,

I am going to delete all of the key settings both in FS9 and on my Saitek X52 joystick.  I like the idea of the FSUPIC as well- this problem is very strange because it only seems to effect the FS Crew iFly.

I'll keep you posted.

I spent most of the day working on this with no luck. 
First I deleted all key assignments in FS9 (reset to default), then created a new x52 profile with no commands except for AES and the ` key for Radar Contact. No luck, still had the same problem- when I ask for flaps after engine start I get full flaps.  Next I deleted the FSUPIC (?) and downloaded a new file , same problem.  Lastly, I deleted the fs9.cfg and in the end I still get full flaps. 

What a strange problem- nothing else seems to be effected by this except fsCrew and the ifly 737 when I ask for a flap change either up or down (both button and voice).

What is the "x" key suppose to do in FS9?  you did suggest that I press that key instead of using the joystick, when I press x I get a different "view" sometimes I "see" another area of the airport, or the zoom level in fs9 changes.-  that seems very strange to me, any ideas?  Please don't give up on me this has to be fixable (that is a new verb)

Thank you,

R Jones

Please don't give up on me this has to be fixable (that is a new verb)

It's fixable, but what the solution is is hard to guess.

Try assigning your FS2Crew Main Button to a different button.

For testing, do not use a joystick button.  Use a keyboard button only, such as the letter "C".

I reassigned the FS2Crew main button as letter H, I did make sure to delete any other use of the letter in the FS9 key assignment menu.  I also did not assign a joystick button.  I still have the same problem :wacko:

I reassigned the FS2Crew main button as letter H, I did make sure to delete any other use of the letter in the FS9 key assignment menu.  I also did not assign a joystick button.  I still have the same problem

Are you using an external hardware other than your joystick?

Hello,

I have the joystick hooked up via usb, I have L3vetron usb headphones, a Logitech wireless mouse, and speakers plugged into my sound card.  There is also a wireless connection to my HP all in one printer.

I have the joystick hooked up via usb, I have L3vetron usb headphones, a Logitech wireless mouse, and speakers plugged into my sound card.  There is also a wireless connection to my HP all in one printer.

Can  you also ask the iFly forum.  Maybe the devs there have an idea.  I'm afraid I'm out of ideas regarding your flaps issue.

Hello,

I will reopen this topic with a problem I haven't solved so far.

FS2Crew works fine, the only problem is the flap setting. If I call flaps 1 the flaps will be set to 2, if I call flaps 5 they will be set to 10. So only every second notch will be set, the same happens while retracting the flaps.

I only use the FSX standard keyboard setting for the flaps, no other third party device.

I tried to use keyboard commands instead of yoke buttons for the primary and secondary button but nothing changed.

Any ideas?

Regards

Stefan

Stefan,

Your absolutely positive this isn't a factor:

I had the same behavier with the Voice Version. In preparation of my new pedestal I assigned the Flapsaxis to my Flaplever via FSUIPC. This is the reason for the FS2Crew FO, to confirm the flap setting, but not move the flaps.
The Solution is Not to assign any axis for the flaps in FSUIPC or FS settings. 

Something is definately out of whack somewhere.

You also installed the latest FS2Crew update from the downloads page?