Sign in to follow this  
klm251

A pic from the good old days

Hey all a couple of days back i was sorting out my cd's and i found something very interresting it made me think back where i started to do flightsim i think it's nice to see how far we have come from the older flight simulators untill now with fsx.i made a screenshot from it i think you ca gues wich sim this is haha btw the plane is the flight1 747-400 giants of the skyFS98747.jpg

Wow,that looks like FS98.Nebojsa

Wow,that looks like FS98.Nebojsa
It is

Hi,Funny enough I just installed the good old PS1.3 in a DOS emulator.....now this is old school. And LOOK we got working ACARS, WX radar, ....in 1999 Big%20Grin.gif and the whole installation takes up a woping 40mb. Have a nice weekend,Martin Dahlerup

Wow,that looks like FS98.
Certainly been the last time I got 100 fps. :(
Funny enough I just installed the good old PS1.3 in a DOS emulator.....now this is old school. And LOOK we got working ACARS, WX radar, ....in 1999 Big%20Grin.gif and the whole installation takes up a woping 40mb.
Yeah the ACARS and D-ATIS just blew me right away. Didn't know it has these back then already. Big%20Grin.gifsig.gif

Wow I don't remember FS98 looking that bad!
It certainly did never look that bad on my machine at least. Got a lot more smoothing and stuff. Had a 16 MB Riva TNT, a monster card for sure. But yeah, kinda bad still I guess. :( But had quite a number of amazing add-ons back then... That's what I thought anyways. Big%20Grin.gif I loved the 3D cloud option though - made out of white and grayish blocks - true three dimensional in every aspect! :(sig.gif

I always laugh when I see software from back then that said "As real as it gets" like on the FS98 cover. I have since then lost fs98 but I kind of want to install FS2002 lol

Don't forget that the ATC voice in PS1 is Rob Randazzo :(

We sure have come a long way eh? I still remember the sublogic days with the monochrome screen and wire frame scenery!! :( Can't wait to see what happens over the next twenty+ years!

the music sucks but this is a good clip on FS History. I started flying back in 1995 with FS95.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICb9ZXiD3q4

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Hey all a couple of days back i was sorting out my cd's and i found something very interresting it made me think back where i started to do flightsim i think it's nice to see how far we have come from the older flight simulators untill now with fsx.i made a screenshot from it i think you ca gues wich sim this is haha btw the plane is the flight1 747-400 giants of the sky
And still to this day people complain about not having 2d panels.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

And still to this day people complain about not having 2d panels.
Yeah haha there wasn't even a vc in this plane ;)