Sign in to follow this  
anakletor

Crashing while taxiing

Hi!I use Radar Contact 4.3 for ATC and MyTraffic X for AI air traffic. Several times I have crashed with other planes while taxiing. Last night it happened while I was holding and waiting for clearance to enter the runway. I was number 2 on the queue. Then suddenly another aircraft jumped on me from behind. This is very annoying when it happens after 30 minutes preflight tasks. I guess this has more to do with MyTraffic than with RC. Has anyone had similar issues. Any suggestions?Thanks in advance!

Guest firehawk44
Hi!I use Radar Contact 4.3 for ATC and MyTraffic X for AI air traffic. Several times I have crashed with other planes while taxiing. Last night it happened while I was holding and waiting for clearance to enter the runway. I was number 2 on the queue. Then suddenly another aircraft jumped on me from behind. This is very annoying when it happens after 30 minutes preflight tasks. I guess this has more to do with MyTraffic than with RC. Has anyone had similar issues. Any suggestions?Thanks in advance!
To reduce frustrations like this, you should turn off crashes in the realism settings. Best regards,Jim

Have a look at the following thread. It highlights a gauge that can be used with RC4 to prevent aircraft collisions.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/321563-small-christmas-present-for-you-rc-users/Steve

Stephen Munn

That little gauge sounds very interesting. I would have to buy a registered copy of fsuipc.Thanks for your answers!

Turn off Crashes. Unfortunately Crashes are more of an annoyance setting than a realism setting. .

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest nzch2010
You don.t get ATC ground traffic avoidance in RC4, maybe in Version 5 if and when relaesed