Sign in to follow this  
meadfoot

Speech Recognition

Hi,I have Voxatc 6.04 installed but every time I run it it says there is no speech recognition installed.So I install Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 and alls well until next time when I have to uninstall Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 and re-install it again and alls well.Anybody else have this problem?I also noticed that there is a version 10.2 available but not from MS.I have XP pro, FSX + Acceleration installed.Rog

Rog Hanson

Hi,Yes I did that after installing the SDK and it worked, BUT, the next time I reboot the speech recognition has gone and clicking on Control panel - Speech gives me the message -"The requested task cannot be carried out because the necessary engine could not be created. Please select a different engine and/or a different audio device"Hence I have to re-install the SDK again and then it all works.I have got admin rights by the way.Rog

Rog Hanson

Maybe this can helphttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/838659Google the error and you can get some pointers

HI ,Yep tried all those suggestions but still have a problem.I think I have found the cause as on one of the MS knowledge base pages it says XP doesn't support voices with Office 2007 which I have so I'll such have to keep uninstalling/installing the speech SDK when I want Voxatc :(ROg

Rog Hanson