Sign in to follow this  
TC1

Loss of ATIS

I can not get ATIS to function. I can see and hear the default FS9 ATC without any problems, but ATIS remains silent and will not display its famous green line of airport data. I recently install and uninstall RC4. I thought that I may have created my problem there. I posted my question in the RC4 Forum and JD posted a possible solution stating that I may need to change a line in the FSUIPC ini file. He solution was:"as long as fs9's controller option are set, if the volume is set right, you should hear atis. is the radio dialed into the right frequency?look in the fsuipc.ini file, in the \modules directory.look for a line that says removeATC. is it there? does it say removeATC=YES? if so, try changing YES to NOyou'll have to restart fs9 after all these suggestions."Opening and reviewing the FSUIPC ini file I did not find a removeATC statement. My questions are what menu items in FS9 drive ATIS? What menu items drive ATIS if FSUIPC? Note: I do have a legal abd registered copy of FSUIPC.ThanksTom

Ok, I just reinstalled FSUIPC and after reviewing the ini file, I still do not see a removeATC= statement. Would somebody please confirm that there is a removeATC= statement in the ini file and if you would please tell me what section it can be found under. I am attempting to learn the PMDG MD-11 and the outsude air temperature is a requirement of loading the MCDU.ThanksTom

The "removeATC" statement is not in FSUIPC by default. It is only placed in there by your option when using in FS9 an add-on ATC program and FS ATC causes atc.dll crashes in FS in some instances. It has to do with duplicated sequential comm frequencies.

Ronzie,Any idea how I can fix my problem? Can ATIS be reloaded/restarted without doing a complete reinstall? I have disabled RC4 while I am learning the MD-11, but if I remember correctly I was also unable to get weather from RC4. The only new piece of sofware that I have added was Flight Sim Commander, but that should not bother ATIS.Tom

ATIS restored. Not certain why. I tried a couple of the ideas I found posted in this and the FlightSim Forums. The one that worked was when I buildt a new flight play under FS9, using default flight planner. I have not build a default FS9 flight plan in weeks, but this seemed to cured the problem. I have since deleted all of my saved flight plans, both FS9 and commercial, and will try to see if I can recreate the problem. Things I attempted that did not resolve this problem included an attempt to clear the FS9 assignments, reset FSUIPC, and running the Flight1 Registry Repair Tool. They may all work on another problem, but they did seem to cure the problem that I was having with my ATIS.Tom

Below is my "standard" link source for keeping FSUIPC and makerwys.exe (as used in RC) up to date:----------------------Get the base FSUIPC version from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmland then interim update from the modules link on this page:http://forum.simflight.com/forum/142-download-links/FSUIPC now self installs initially based on your registry entry for your FS path. Check that with this free utility:FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB) from http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library-----------------------With all of your reinstalls you should check this out.

Ron,Things went south again this evening. This afternoon, when I thought that I had fixed the problem I took 1 short flight from KORD and later a radio test at KSEA. In both cases ATIS and ATC work without issue. I then exited the sim for dinner. I also live in the area of KMSP and I like to fly GA's out of KLVN. This evening I attempted to take a flight out of KLVN and once again ATIS was silent.Here is where it gets goofy. I exited FS9, reload the program, and created a flight from KORD (default FS9) with the default Cessna with no flight plan. ATIS worked perfectly. I then selected another airport KMSP (payware BluePrint Simulations) with no flight plan and ATIS again failed. I then reloaded KORD with the default Cessna and it to failed.I'll take a look at your file links in the morning and see if I can work this out. I also ran the registery tool after this evenings failure, but I have not yet reloaded sim. With some problems, sometimes a "timeout" is worth taking to clear the mind.Thanks for your information and helpTom

Ron,Tried all three of your sugestions, but the problem still remains. If I load a default airport with a default airplane both ATC and ATIS are active (I can select one or the other and hear and see a response). If I load a payware airport and a default airplane after loading the default + default configuration about 60% of the time I'll receive ATIS and ATC. A straight to payware airport and payware airplane load results in a working ATC with no connection to ATIS. By connection/load I mean to imply I am able to load one or the other from the default FS9 pop up text box when you select the "`" sign.I'm now also looking at the payware forums for a possible solution.Tom