Sign in to follow this  
bliksimpie

Autopilot

I also added my own Autopilot to be able to see the ALT and VS settings as I cant find a place in C340 for that.Maybe I am missing it.aaapm.pngI also added the Autopilot and second set of radios to the VC much along the same lines that Bert explained in his 3D knob posting. You really dont need two GPS'e So I opted for GPS 2nd radioset and autopilot in the area where the second GPS was.Work a treat..!

That looks GREAT.. can you PLEASE post some instructions on how to add that! I would love to have that autopilot looks like it came out of the Bonanza which I do have! Thanks in advance!!

Well actually, as the aircraft is setup, the autopilot included is a very simplistic model and requires more pilot input. Bare bones, but a reliable one. The autopilot at the pedestal, has a rocker switch which controls your vertical ascent and decent and you must watch your vertical speed indicator just below the altimeter gauge to visually view this and adjust accordingly. Very manual, but as I said very reliable. The altitude is also selected manually, by engaging the alt button, also at the pedestal, when the proper altitude is reached. So as you climb to your known altitude or descend, you would prepare yourself as odd as it may sound, with one hand hanging down at the pedestal console, to push the alt button. LOL.

That looks GREAT.. can you PLEASE post some instructions on how to add that! I would love to have that autopilot looks like it came out of the Bonanza which I do have! Thanks in advance!!
open panel folder of c340copy the panel.cfg file and rename the copied file to panel_orig. that way you have the original to revert back to if things go wrongso you will have 2 panel filespanel.cfgpanel_orig.cfgif you dont display the file extentions like in windows7 you will have two filespanelpanel_orignow open the panel.cfg file with notepad.replace [window00] section with this section below
[Window00]size_mm=307, 202window_size_ratio=1.000 position=6Background_color=1,1,1visible=0ident=794window_size= 0.400, 0.500window_pos= 0.000, 0.500gauge00=CarenadoG430!GNS430_nc1,   0,0,307,129gauge02=BonF33!Autopilot,   0,130,307,72gauge03=C340!Toggle_GPS,   80,18,150,80

START FSX and there you will have the bonanza autopilot added to your GPS popup. so when you click on GPS the popup will show gps and autopilot. Alternative use shift +1and it should look like thisaabt.jpg

I am attempting to follow this set of instructions and gain the AP from my Carenado A36 as the pop up AP in my C340. I am successful in getting the AP gauge, but am lacking visible buttons and altitude set knob. My mouse pointer changes when passing over the button and knob locations and all are functional, but I cannot see them. What step am I missing. Here is an image and the pertinent section of my panel.cfg file:[Window06]size_mm=1169, 280window_size_ratio=2.000position=0Background_color=1,1,1visible=0ident=794window_size= 0.275, 0.1125window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=APBK_A36!Autopilot, 0,0,1169,280 2012-2-11_10-52-44-618.jpg

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Ok mate I will send you a mail and a bitmap file that you need to correct this. Just PM me your email address.I have read your PM