Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dewoxx

PMDG 737-600/700 Navdata

Guest Dewoxx

Good evening.I just installed once again my PMDG 737-600/700 and recognized, that there are no SID/STAR included in my FMC.Example: I want to fly from LSZH to LIRF but the FMC just have one rumway for both airports.I searched for a solution for my problem in many forums where I found some imformation about downloading files from navdata.at and so on, but it doens't work!At first, I downloaded the SID/STAR file for LSZH and LIRF for "All PMDG Products" from navdata.at and put them into ...fs9/pmdg/sidstars but than i din't had any runways or sid/star at all anymore. Than I read somewhere else, that I should install the ALL IN ONE 767PIC from navdata.at and put them into fs9/FMCWP/navdata. But this also din't change anything!Please help! :(

Full names here please.The navdata.at files are very old and the site blocks updates. The correct source is now navigraph.com and there's a small fee but the data they use isn't free anymore.You need to update both navdata and sidstars and they need to be of the same cycle for things to work. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Dewoxx

Ok thanks....But that means, that I have to spend money for an update for the FMC though the PMDG 737 is an charged addon itself?lg Jan

Yup, has nothing to do with pmdg. The US military stopped providing free global navdata after 9/11. The service that provides this charges a very modest fee.

Dan Downs KCRP

The 0609 demo cycle for PMDG and LevelD products is available free of charge here

Edited by MrKen

Yup, has nothing to do with pmdg. The US military stopped providing free global navdata after 9/11. The service that provides this charges a very modest fee.
Actually, it had nothing to do with 9/11. It had to to with the fact that the Aussies were providing the data for most of the SW Pacific, and they were upset about it being given away for free and threatened to sue. Simple solution: restrict access to the navdata, which happened in 2006.

Joe Sherrill