Sign in to follow this  
robert_h

a simple question re fmc entry

for some reason when I enter an airport runway as a last waypoint in a route in a situation where I haven't entered a star it isn't excepted because I'm not using the correct syntax I imagine.so say for example I want to enter RWY 26Left at CYVR as a final way-point, how would it be entered?thanks in advance.also, when entering that runway as a final waypoint in the route, would the fmc enter the correct ILS frequency in the navrad page as well?:(

Go to the DEP/ARR page. Click R2, which should be the arrivals at your destination. On the right collumn now shoul be a list of approaches to runways. If you don't want an approach and wish to go visual APR, Next Page to the "bottom" of the list (some airports have a few pages) and select your desired runway. It will now become your final waypoint without the approach fix stuff. No. For the FMC to tune the ILS to that runway automatically, you have to select the ILS approach to that runway, or do it manually.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

No. For the FMC to tune the ILS to that runway automatically, you have to select the ILS approach to that runway, or do it manually.
Nope, you can pick the runway alone and the ILS (if exists) will be autotuned.

Nope, you can pick the runway alone and the ILS (if exists) will be autotuned.
I just made a visual approach to runway 5 at KMCN. It is ILS equipped but the signal was not autotuned.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

I just made a visual approach to runway 5 at KMCN. It is ILS equipped but the signal was not autotuned.
Check if the frequency of the ILS in Flight Simulator and in the FMC's navdata is the same, or even the existence of such ILS in both sources.

Thanks Eric and Jose for that. that clears it up nicely..I just noticed that the Localizer for CYVR RWY 26R is mis- aligned. AP will bring you down about 50 feet to the right of the center line.. 26Left is fine.I have the navgraph 1101 cycle installed. I think I noticed this a long time ago before I had the Queen. Anyone else noticed that?thanks again guys for the prompt replies...:(