Sign in to follow this  
Triggrman

Does Carenado even read this stuff ?

I called Cessna and asked if the Belly Beacon was ever located in the position that Carenado has placed it and they replied, no. I then asked about the color choice for the panel that Carenado chose, that's also wrong. So unless I got an uniformed rep from Cessna, who didn't know what he was talking about, or Carenado just did what they wanted and ignored the actual aircraft. I can understand the other issues with flight model adjustments or the complicated gauge issues that need addressing, but this is basic modeling oversights that ruin the immersion before you ever even make it to the more complex issues. At least color the panel correct, are you out of gray paint? I could lend you some. I've flown a few 340s and have never seen one with that cockpit color. So if I'm wrong about the placement of the Beacon or the panel color, then put me in my place. I would actually prefer to be wrong. LOL.

"Hi, is that Cessna? Yes, hi, my name is Billy-Joe-Bob and I am a flight enthusiast, and I would like to talk to you today about the location of the cross thread triple ply screws, the ones with the European CS mark stamped on the heads, on the underside of the cowling flap on the 1979 model 340, 'A' varient obviously. My neighbour, Billy-Bob-Ben had the temerity to suggest that the screws are located one and three eights inches back from the leading edge of the cowl flap which is, of course, quite rediculous, since it can be very cleary seen in these pictures on the plane spotters anonymous web site that the screws are located one and seven sixteenths back from the edge. I wonder if you would be kind enough to email me the original engineers drawings so that I can prove for once and for all to Billy-Bob-Ben the utter futility in argueing with me on these matters. ... Hello? ... Hello? How rude, he hung up"

Does Carenado even read this stuff ? I believe the short answer is - YES .Just look at the top two threads in here.Some might find the Release--> User feedback--> Patch---> User feedback ---> cycle not to their own liking but at least Carenado is consistent :He He:cheersGreg

"Hi, is that Cessna? Yes, hi, my name is Billy-Joe-Bob and I am a flight enthusiast, and I would like to talk to you today about the location of the cross thread triple ply screws, the ones with the European CS mark stamped on the heads, on the underside of the cowling flap on the 1979 model 340, 'A' varient obviously. My neighbour, Billy-Bob-Ben had the temerity to suggest that the screws are located one and three eights inches back from the leading edge of the cowl flap which is, of course, quite rediculous, since it can be very cleary seen in these pictures on the plane spotters anonymous web site that the screws are located one and seven sixteenths back from the edge. I wonder if you would be kind enough to email me the original engineers drawings so that I can prove for once and for all to Billy-Bob-Ben the utter futility in argueing with me on these matters. ... Hello? ... Hello? How rude, he hung up"
Yea, your a real funny guy, but for some of us, we kinda like things to be somewhat accurate, certainly not perfect but at least passable. Troll on Billy Bob...........................

Ummmm.... so the position of a belly beacon ruins your immersion, clearly one person's"passable" is another person's "get a life" :( And, no, Paul isn't a troll :(

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Guest 747-fan

Paul: thanks man, that made me LOL.

:(

I'm having a hard time reading this post as anything but a troll but in case it is a serious post:Point one: Go into Google, select Images, then type in Cessna 340 panel. You will see a page full of images of varying colours, some of which are a grey very similar to the Carenado model. Point two: As for the light, belly light you called it, are you referring to the one under the nose? If so then yes it would seem that there are no aircraft photos around that show the nose cone/light arrangement that Carenado are showing on their model. I can think of three possible reasons, there may well be more:1. Carenado stuffed up and despite photographing every inch of a Cessna 340 managed to get the position of the light wrong. Likelihood = small2. The aircraft that Carenado modelled actually does have this arrangement of lighting. Carenado appear to base their aircraft on real-world examples, and are located in S America, where the chances of an after-market nose cone fitting after damage to the original would be somewhat higher than in the US. Likelihood = quite high3. Carenado have deliberately made small differences in their model to reduce the chance of Cessna lawyers succeeding in a copyright action Likelihood = you guess is as good as mine.In my life I have flown in aircraft that have had different non-standard and after market nose cones and cowlings, different landing light arrangements to suit the owners, different door and window arrangements cooked up by bush mechanics, different panel treatments, but they were all aircraft that flew and were registered.I suspect the un-masking of the incorrect light placement and the international outcry that will surely follow the revelation that the panel colour does not conform to a MacBeth colour checker chart will not cause Carenado to lose any sleep, but from the tone of the original post I suspect the same cannot be said for the original poster!

I'm having a hard time reading this post as anything but a troll but in case it is a serious post:Point one: Go into Google, select Images, then type in Cessna 340 panel. You will see a page full of images of varying colours, some of which are a grey very similar to the Carenado model. Point two: As for the light, belly light you called it, are you referring to the one under the nose? If so then yes it would seem that there are no aircraft photos around that show the nose cone/light arrangement that Carenado are showing on their model. I can think of three possible reasons, there may well be more:1. Carenado stuffed up and despite photographing every inch of a Cessna 340 managed to get the position of the light wrong. Likelihood = small2. The aircraft that Carenado modelled actually does have this arrangement of lighting. Carenado appear to base their aircraft on real-world examples, and are located in S America, where the chances of an after-market nose cone fitting after damage to the original would be somewhat higher than in the US. Likelihood = quite high3. Carenado have deliberately made small differences in their model to reduce the chance of Cessna lawyers succeeding in a copyright action Likelihood = you guess is as good as mine.In my life I have flown in aircraft that have had different non-standard and after market nose cones and cowlings, different landing light arrangements to suit the owners, different door and window arrangements cooked up by bush mechanics, different panel treatments, but they were all aircraft that flew and were registered.I suspect the un-masking of the incorrect light placement and the international outcry that will surely follow the revelation that the panel colour does not conform to a MacBeth colour checker chart will not cause Carenado to lose any sleep, but from the tone of the original post I suspect the same cannot be said for the original poster!
very well said..

Something else you are all forgetting. What does carenado base their model off of? A real plane they have access to. Somethings might be different on a Chilean 340 than on an American 340 Im just saying. I have seen twin cessnas with the rotating beacon on top of the Vertical Stab and on the belly so I would say dont worry about it. As for the panel color like I said all airplanes arent the same especially those that are 30+ years old.