Sign in to follow this  
Jeffg817

FS2Crew for IFly 737 Out!

Bryan Yorks new FS2Crew project for the IFly 737 came out today,its a button control not voice.The program works great,seamless install with the IFly Version 3.Bryan will have a video on the webite very soon. JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

Bryan Yorks new FS2Crew project for the IFly 737 came out today,its a button control not voice.The program works great,seamless install with the IFly Version 3.Bryan will have a video on the webite very soon. JeffG
And here's the Video...FS2Crew and iFly are among the last of the devs who bother with FS9... FS9 can still look very pretty as you can see in the video... it's not totally dead yet.

FS2Crew and iFly are among the last of the devs who bother with FS9... FS9 can still look very pretty as you can see in the video... it's not totally dead yet.
And we FS9 users thank you for that! Just bought your FS2Crew for iFly and itching to use it :(

Mikael Leinonen

I just did my first flight with it and man is it easy to use. Really good integration, It's my first button-type of FS2crew and have to say good job!!

Thank you, Vince.Out of curiosity, which do you like more: The Voice Control versions or the Button Control versions?Best,
I prefer the Voice Control versions... but the Button Control version is better than nothing.

Honestly I would pay for one that offers both. I like the button one due to it's training ability. I bought all the voice FS2crews, but have yet to quite get it down right. Maybe if on the voice ones you offered a sort of what's next prompt similar to the button one would help. Back to your orignal question I still like the voice ones more due to more flexibility.

Honestly I would pay for one that offers both. I like the button one due to it's training ability. I bought all the voice FS2crews, but have yet to quite get it down right. Maybe if on the voice ones you offered a sort of what's next prompt similar to the button one would help. Back to your orignal question I still like the voice ones more due to more flexibility.
It may be possible in a future Voice version to display a "what comes next" display like the latest button control versions do... but due to the inherent flexibility with voice, it might be trickier because there are more options.As for getting voice down pat, just print out the manual and go through the tutorial flight. I'm doing my best to model realistic airline crew procedures, so there's an inescapable complexity associated with that unless I want to dumb the whole thing down, in which case it would no longer be realistic (and in which case I'd loose half my user base :( )Cheers,

And, I find the push-button versions very restrictive and prescriptive... I like the sound of the voice activated versions as it addsanother layer to the sim: being able to use it as a copilot who can make changes to the MCP etc. at yourcommand.For me, that alone is worth the entry price.What would be better still, is if you could switch off the checklist stuff and only use the basic copilot commands as and when... ala "Its Your Plane" or MC Experience.The choice of one or the other, or both, elevates the product substantially.

Great news about the button control version. I have kids, so wearing a headset is not an option (and I don't have room on my desk for a mic. LOL).

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Great news about the button control version. I have kids, so wearing a headset is not an option (and I don't have room on my desk for a mic. LOL).
Sounds like more of a reason TO wear a headset. :( Count me in as another that prefers the voice version. For the same reasons listed. Hitting a button to respond to the first officer, or call for an action seems a bit plastic and repetitive for my tastes. Voice control may be performing similar actions in the background, but the interface is much more natural to call for them vocally. After popping for the Airline xtreme version there is really no going back for me.So, while I congratulate you on your iFly release, I'm going to have to hold out with hope that voice finds its way to this great add-on as well. Thanks for you continued efforts Bryan!

- Aaron

Sounds like more of a reason TO wear a headset. :( Count me in as another that prefers the voice version. For the same reasons listed. Hitting a button to respond to the first officer, or call for an action seems a bit plastic and repetitive for my tastes. Voice control may be performing similar actions in the background, but the interface is much more natural to call for them vocally. After popping for the Airline xtreme version there is really no going back for me.So, while I congratulate you on your iFly release, I'm going to have to hold out with hope that voice finds its way to this great add-on as well. Thanks for you continued efforts Bryan!
Glad you like Airline Pilot Xtreme.We'll see what happens with Voice for the iFly...Seems a lot of you like it.But as mentioned, 'Voice' is great for anglophones from English countries... but it really does exclude a large chunk of the non-English market, especially Germany.Cheers,

I'll be very glad if Voice commander for the ifly will be release.PS: I'm from Russia and get the great pleasure of flying with Voice commander for the Level-D 767

I'll be very glad if Voice commander for the ifly will be release.PS: I'm from Russia and get the great pleasure of flying with Voice commander for the Level-D 767
Hi Artem,Glad you like FS2Crew 'Voice' for the 767. I know you're Russian, but a lot of Russian user would probably feel uncomfortable speaking English.I know if I had to talk to my computer in Russian, I don't think the results would be all that great if you know what I mean :( Cheers,

Glad you like Airline Pilot Xtreme.We'll see what happens with Voice for the iFly...Seems a lot of you like it.But as mentioned, 'Voice' is great for anglophones from English countries... but it really does exclude a large chunk of the non-English market, especially Germany.Cheers,
I don't understand that, People using Flightsim in the way that they buy a add-on plane and FS2Crew are on such a level that they want to go "as real as it gets" so they have to be familiar with the english language and ATC is normally in English. The European real life pilots (GA and ATPL) flying under JAR FCL have to do a English Language Skilltest these days, even if you are flying already for a very long time. I did mine last saturday after having my PPL-A and RT for more then 20 years.I'm using the voice version with Level-D 767 and also have the iFly 737 but don't want to use a button version so I'm voting for a voice version iFly/Fs2Crew.