Sign in to follow this  
fjsharry

How get LNAV in flight?

I has some question about FMC set. If load in-fly file J41 to somewhere,every set was reserved,such as remain fuel.But FMC was turn off. And i make same flight plan as same last FP. When engage LNAV then J41 get wrong way..not follow LNAV track. Has some wrong with my process set? And has the other question,i not make complete flight plan then take off,now i entry some waypoint (VOR NDB )in flight.In NAV function screen has correct information such as FR DIRECT TO MQD then engage LNAV J41 not follow set track,just like before question. (no any track line and waypoint in EHSI) Has any suggest?

You have to set the FMC up properly in order for it to work properly. It sounds like even though you are entering all the right waypoints, NAV isn't initialized, or you didn't use the D-> (direct to) button to send it to the next fix (if you were loading up mid-air), or you didn't press the LNAV button to display the LNAV track on the nav display, and then use NAV on the autopilot. The autopilot/FMC in the J-41 is nowhere near the way Boeing or Airbus works, so you can't try to use it in that way.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle you guess(think) almost wrong.I was use in LNAV on EHSI. And i was set D->(direct yo),but didn't work follow track line.Q1 point is i was turn on(FMC) after in flight,then make correct flight plan,and use "direct to" waypoint,but she didn't follow track.Q2 I was turn on FMC then just take off not entry any waypoint, and set direct to some waypoint, use LNAV function still didn't work.(No any waypoint and track line show on screen)

Did you first load Flight Sim using one of the default aircraft at any airport, and then load the J41 and its associated saved flight?

Kyle Rodgers

This save file is i fly NZAA to YSSY on route to save it. And then FSX was shun down by itself...biggrin.gifSo i just restart FSX then load in the flight file(j41 fly to YSSY),everything was remained but FMC not remain.(Wish next SP can save everything..)

Yes, but before you load your flight, you should load up a free flight with a default aircraft and on the ground, and then load the J41 flight. You should never load a complex add on from the FSX welcome screen.

Kyle Rodgers

This save file is i fly NZAA to YSSY on route to save it. And then FSX was shun down by itself...biggrin.gifSo i just restart FSX then load in the flight file(j41 fly to YSSY),everything was remained but FMC not remain.(Wish next SP can save everything..)
Hi,And don't forget to load a (random) flightplan in the FXS flightplan. Sometimes the plane keeps heading north if you didn't . It doesn't matter what flightplan you load.Eric

Kyle it's work! But why?What different between "Just load J41 flight" and "load default aircraft in airport then load J41 saved file"???????JUST load J41 saved file,and i notice GPS not show "direct to"symbol.A-1.jpgAnd open LNAV,J41 was fly to north ...?B.jpgIn this picture is load default aircraft in any airport first,and then Load J41saved in route file.And notice has "DIRECT TO"symbol on GPSC-1.jpgOpen LNAV function then J41 is work! follow track line.D.jpgHi Eric If make flightplan (planer),then J41 will start at depart airport.This is not i want.I don"t want fly same route again.

I have a feeling there's something else wrong, since there's a red line across your entire speed tape.The reason you can't just load a saved flight with a complex aircraft has something to do with FSX loading a default aircraft at the default airport already at the home screen (a flight is running the background, but you just don't see it until you load the flight). By loading a complex aircraft, you're loading it on top of the default aircraft already loaded and things go wrong. That's at least the general understanding of the issue I have. Someone may be better able to communicate that.

Kyle Rodgers