Sign in to follow this  
Jeff_B

FMC / Flightplan

Hi all, when entering the depart/dest airport codes in the INIT page, eg. YMML/NZQN i get the error NOT IN DATABASE.I have latest airac from Navigraph - i know YMML is in there as use it a lot but does this mean NZQN is not included in the database? or how can i fix this?

Strange...as i can see, in the last AIRAC cycle, 1101, both YMML and NZQN appear in the airports text file located in FMCWP directory of FS, and also into the SIDSTAR directory of the PMDG main folder.Look that you have both the airports into the airport text file and the sidstar folder, because i can put YMML/NZNQ in my DEP/ARR field into the INIT page without any problem.Give me a report back, Cheers,

Thanks for your reply. I have the airport codes in the PMDG sids/stars and airport data, but where is the FMCWP dir? I cant see it in the FS directory.

It should be in the FSX root directory.
Exactly, with the other "simobject", "scenery", etc. directories...

Thats strange i dont have that folder FMCWP in FS root dir or in any sub directories. I have a legit copy of FSX and all PMDG products and have never played around with them or changed them at all. So sounds like that may be the issue. How can i fix do you think?

Thats strange i dont have that folder FMCWP in FS root dir or in any sub directories. I have a legit copy of FSX and all PMDG products and have never played around with them or changed them at all. So sounds like that may be the issue. How can i fix do you think?
the FMCWP folder is created by the Navigraph installer itself, so it's very strange.Try to redownload the installer by navigraph or try to install in other folder than the FS one and then puts the right files into the right places...Or maybe contact Navigraph, that's are the developer of the databse cycle...cheers,

Thanks a lot for your help, wasnt aware that Navigraph created that folder (or in my case hasnt). Will investigate further and at least i have a starting point to work with.Thanks again.

Thanks a lot for your help, wasnt aware that Navigraph created that folder (or in my case hasnt). Will investigate further and at least i have a starting point to work with.Thanks again.
Jeff,The FMCWP folder is for FS9 only to store the navdata.As you indicate FSX above, look in the PMDG folder for sub-folder NavData.IIRC, NZQN has a rather short runway, not any good for an MD11.Not in database might be because in the PMDG Option menu, the show runways distances, is still set at default 6000 ft.Regards,Harry

Your dead right Harry, how did i miss that!!! Thanks heaps and to others that explains and solves that. I feel a bit silly for missing that.