Sign in to follow this  
sonic5

mega scenery GBs

I , have CTDs I had an old TRAFFIC 2006, that I could not uninstall, I used [ REVOUNIN] free for 30 days, it works especially for those hard to uninstall problems, and where ever else that they might be sprinkled in other files. So anyway after that I uninstalled all of my MEGA SCENERY, I had 3 for the KSFO area, and one for Washington state KSEA area 4 GBs, maybe if there is a memory crash problem , thats a hit.

Guest firehawk44
I , have CTDs I had an old TRAFFIC 2006, that I could not uninstall, I used [ REVOUNIN] free for 30 days, it works especially for those hard to uninstall problems, and where ever else that they might be sprinkled in other files. So anyway after that I uninstalled all of my MEGA SCENERY, I had 3 for the KSFO area, and one for Washington state KSEA area 4 GBs, maybe if there is a memory crash problem , thats a hit.
Not sure if I understand your "problem". Are you having memory crashes? There's a solution for that if you have a 32 bit operating system. You really don't need to uninstalled MegaScenery unless you need the disk space. Just go into the Scenery Library and disable the scenery you do not want. Then, later on, if you want to use the MegaScenery again, you can simply enable it in the Scenery Library. I'm surprised an outside program like "Revounin" (never ever heard of it - perhaps you meant Revo Uninstaller) had to be used to uninstall Traffic 2006 and I'm wondering, did it really? You could have also disabled Traffic 2006 in the Scenery Library. I think you'll be better off installing the latest version for FSX, MyTrafficX. The manual contains special uninstalling procedures and the uninstalling programs are located in the Programs menu and this is usually better to use than using Microsoft's Add/Remove Programs. Sometimes uninstalling an addon in FSX also requires the deletion of the directory as some of these addon developers didn't program it completely for making a clean uninstall. Windows 7 does a better job of uninstalling in most cases but you still might need to clean up the Scenery Library or edit the Scenery.cfg. The freeware/commercial addon traffic programs cause long load times just to get to the Free Flight screen because I understand the program must load all the flight plans from around the world first. I had great FSX loading times until I installed TrafficX. Best regards,JimBest regards,Jim