Sign in to follow this  
Ramirin

FSX + MCE = CTD

Hi there.I have been using MCE (multi crew environment) for almost a year without a problem. Last night I fired up FSX and all of a sudden was presented with a dll error, in this case fsinsider.dll which is part of the MCE add on. Fsx asks if I want to run the app or not and if I click no the game loads ok but MCE is unusable. If I click Yes, Fsx crashes to desktop instantaneously.I contacted support but even though they were quick to respond the haven't provide me with a helpful advice. I tried uninstalling mce, deleting the folder and manually deleting the dll in the fsx folder; then restarting and going trough the installation process again to no avail. I also checked the dll.xml file and it looks ok. All other add ons run ok (pmdg, Capt Sim, Wilco, Ezdock etc)If it helps i am running a fresh install of win7 pro up to date, avast antivirus, UAC is on. Specs are X6 1090t overclocked to 3.7ghz, 8gb DDR3, Ati 5870+5850 in crossfire.Like I said, everything was fine until last night. Any help is appreciated!

I'm sure someone will be able to help you, but you do realize that this is the PMDG forum, not the producer of MCE, right?

Kyle Rodgers

Did you try running the MCE application wizard?

Yes I did, several times. The wizard is the one that adds the entries to the dll.xml file and adds the fsinsider.dll inside the fsx folder. By the way I loaded up FS9 on the same machine and MCE works ok with it.I'm still clueless...

Hi,Did you upgrade to a newer version of MCE when the problem started?. Try going back to an earlier version of MCE. I had problems myself with FSInsider and had to use an earlier version until MCE found/corrected the problem.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Actually yes, I think it happened after I upgraded to the latest version. I will try your suggestion and report back.

Actually yes, I think it happened after I upgraded to the latest version. I will try your suggestion and report back.
Would have been nice if you mentioned that in your original post.
I have been using MCE (multi crew environment) for almost a year without a problem. Last night I fired up FSX and all of a sudden was presented with a dll error
If it worked for a year then suddenly stopped, it is because something changed. At least you seem to know what...Best regards,Robin.

Thank you Mike! Going back to the previous version solved the issue. I will report this to MCE support.They are constantly putting out updates for their product and so far I never had a problem, so that's the reason I never thought about this possibility.Thanks to all who gave their input!