Sign in to follow this  
Guest gonoje

Building my PC for FSX

Guest gonoje

Hello everyone,Well, I joined you some time ago, but I actuallty never introduced myself before. So before posting, I just hope I will make some friends so that we can share opinions about planes, hardware, flight simulators, etc. I'm Spanish and I'm 27 years old.The point of this topic is that is a while I'm trying to build my PC for FSX. I want to spend some money for components that deserves it, and to start, I was thinking on the offer (now that is sales time) that I'm posting below. If some of you could advise me for this processor and mother board I'll be happy to read it. The PC will be only for FSX, to be able to install sceneries, adds-on software and as I'm "color blind" (red and brown), I would like to do it as real as possible, but always thinking that is important to have limits (like with the money...) :-)Here's the link: http://www.cdiscount...NTELEXTREM.htmlFor the other components I guess that will take a few more weeks.Thank you and nice to meet you guys.

Well, the motherboard is a good one and the processor also. It´s a stable overclocking platform, with the right cooler you´ll get 4Ghz out of it.

Guest gonoje
Well, the motherboard is a good one and the processor also. It´s a stable overclocking platform, with the right cooler you´ll get 4Ghz out of it.
Thank you very much. I'm not thinking yet in overclocking, if I use it as it comes from the factory, you think that FSX will run in a good way?

It will run FSX in a good way, as long as you don´t fly with the PMDG 747 in heavy scenery and heavy rain. But for some smaler ones it quite nice.And you should pay attention that you get a good grafic card with it, for example a GTX 460 or 470 to get the best out of that system.

Hello everyone,Well, I joined you some time ago, but I actuallty never introduced myself before. So before posting, I just hope I will make some friends so that we can share opinions about planes, hardware, flight simulators, etc. I'm Spanish and I'm 27 years old.The point of this topic is that is a while I'm trying to build my PC for FSX. I want to spend some money for components that deserves it, and to start, I was thinking on the offer (now that is sales time) that I'm posting below. If some of you could advise me for this processor and mother board I'll be happy to read it. The PC will be only for FSX, to be able to install sceneries, adds-on software and as I'm "color blind" (red and brown), I would like to do it as real as possible, but always thinking that is important to have limits (like with the money...) :-)Here's the link: http://www.cdiscount...NTELEXTREM.htmlFor the other components I guess that will take a few more weeks.Thank you and nice to meet you guys.
Hi and welcome to AVSIM. If it is not too late I suggest you make a major change and opt instead for Sandy Bridge. Reportedly the performance gains over i7 9xx are rather significant. The i7 2600K would do the trick nicely with a performance board. If you have already bought your intended setup, then congratulations and please ignore the rest of this post.Kind regards,

Guest jahman
Hi and welcome to AVSIM. If it is not too late I suggest you make a major change and opt instead for Sandy Bridge. Reportedly the performance gains over i7 9xx are rather significant. The i7 2600K would do the trick nicely with a performance board. If you have already bought your intended setup, then congratulations and please ignore the rest of this post.Kind regards,
+1Cheers,- jahman.