Hi guys, I´ve just checked out the asus website regarding MOBO updates. I found there several downloads for my system. Also an newer version BIOS version. I´ve never updated the BIOS and it´s working quite well, so it it really necessary to update it and if yes, how should I do this?

Necessary, not. BIOS updates are there for besser stability, compatibility and possibly performance. If it's working fine, there is not much reason for a change.How: with ASUS usually from the existing BIOS, there is an a program you start from inside the BIOS to update to newer. Copy the BIOS file from ASUS website to C: for convenience.

Guest jahman

It is good practice to *always* update your BIOS, because the day you have a stability or performance problem that is indeed caused by the BIOS, updating the BIOS will be the last thing to cross your mind and you will have wasted a lot of time and become very frustrated. Also updating the BIOS is really easy after you have done it once, so there is no valid reason to not check once a month (for the first six months) for a BIOS update, considering the mobo and architecture is new and that checking for an update is as simple as launching the ASUS BIOS update utility.BTW it is also good practice to periodically check the ASUS web site for updated chip drivers.Cheers,- jahman.

Also a think to add: I never had anything bad happen through BIOS update. I myself am doing it when I think of it. Every couple of months or so.

The first thing that you should do it read the manual that came wity your mother board and see what it says. The manual should have a section for BIOS update procedures.

Sounds that it makes sense to update, but how can I do this?
As Word Not Allowed remarked most mobo now have a feature either built into the bios for updating it or software you can install for updating it, you will have to do a little digging around to find out.

With my Asus mobo I use EZ Flash to update BIOS. I download the BIOS file from Asus and save it on a USB flash stick. I then restart my computer and enter BIOS. In the Tools menu I then enable EZ Flash and updates my BIOS. :smile:

Thanks guys for your help. I´ve just updated from version 0306 to 0601, so my BIOS had been a rather old one. It was quick and strait forward with no problems at all. Thanks a lot.