Sign in to follow this  
N1G

3 computers using usb wireless adaptors

Hi,I use 3 computers for FSX, each with a usb wireless adaptor. My main wireless box is 30 foot away (ATT U-Verse), and my widefs and simconnect clients communicate wireless. I was wondering if the speed of comms is an issue? There are times when response with some client applications seems slow, but difficult for me to tell where the bottleneck is. I cannot run cables from the main wireless router to these machines but was wondering if there is a way to direct connect these machines together and still have the wireless connection for internet? I have an old dlink switch I was wanting to use but I would still have 3 usb wireless connectors on each machine. That confused me somewhat as each computer would now have 2 ways of communicating with each other, through the wireless and through the cable. As you can see my network knowledge is very limited. Any help would be much appreciated.RegardsBob

I don't know if you have an answer for this yet, but...Since you have wireless adapters on all three computers, you can hook them up in a computer to computer network, and do away with a router altogether. That eliminates one possible bottleneck, especially if you are using wireless g. Wireless n might give you more range and speed. Unless they are usb adapters plugged in to older 1.1 usb ports. I think more that one wireless adapter enabled at a time can cause problems. I'm not sure why you have three on each computer.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.