Sign in to follow this  
Benoit01

fs2004 does not exist

After so many years of flying FS9 as is, I have decided to spicy it up. Thanks to you guys and the people at World of AI, I resolved my problem with no AI traffic. What I would like to do is to modify and airport so that it looks close to the real thing. Jean-Lessage airport in Quebec is the one I am trying to replicate. I have all the landing plates and parking areas (thanks to VATSIM) and I downloaded FSBuilder. After numerous days debugging the problems with it (.ocx files not installed) I sat down and tried to start it and the only thing I get is this: "you must wait until SBuilder copies some bitmaps. The next time SBuilder rund in this computer it will be faster. Then I press OK, and it tells me "FS2004 does not exist on this computer". I searched for the last two days on Google for an answer but what I got was the type of jargon that only a computer engineer could understand. Did I install the program in the wrong folder?(again). I appreciate your help.Thanks in advance.Cheers

After so many years of flying FS9 as is, I have decided to spicy it up. Thanks to you guys and the people at World of AI, I resolved my problem with no AI traffic. What I would like to do is to modify and airport so that it looks close to the real thing. Jean-Lessage airport in Quebec is the one I am trying to replicate. I have all the landing plates and parking areas (thanks to VATSIM) and I downloaded FSBuilder. After numerous days debugging the problems with it (.ocx files not installed) I sat down and tried to start it and the only thing I get is this: "you must wait until SBuilder copies some bitmaps. The next time SBuilder rund in this computer it will be faster. Then I press OK, and it tells me "FS2004 does not exist on this computer". I searched for the last two days on Google for an answer but what I got was the type of jargon that only a computer engineer could understand. Did I install the program in the wrong folder?(again). I appreciate your help.Thanks in advance.Cheers
Problems of this type often arise because the registry entry for FS9 (or FSX) is in some way corrupt. Many programs will check for the registry entry and if it is not found they will 'give up' and tell you that the sim is not found.There are some tools that will fix the registry www.tweakfs.com has one and I think maybe also Flight1?

Hi, Benoit.Did you check the sceneries there? :http://okad.ca/cvq/Blue skies.

Did I install the program in the wrong folder?(again).
Possibly? You do not mention which version of Windows you have and with the FSX version of SBuilderX (SBX) there can be problems getting going if SBX is installed into the \Program Files (X) folders of Vista or Win 7. It's solved (in FSX use) by uninstalling SBX and reinstalling to another non-protected folder area.But I would try the registry fix tools mentioned above first.

Merci C-Jean. I did not know that these existed. As far as the other way of solving the problem, I visited the two websites and I must admit that there is a lot there. I will search and get back to you.thanks again. Benoit

Good morning. Here is the latest with FSBuilder. I tried the registry repairs. Also, to answer some of the questions, I have FS9 (2004), my OS is windows 7. Also, I have installed FS9 somewherelse than the program files. I could not download any AI from WOAI and they helped me rectify the problem. My question I guess is; did I unzip FSBuilder in the correct location? (it is also out of the program files) Should it be within FS9? Should I have FS9 running before I start FSBuilder?Thanks for your time people. You guys are the best CheersBen