Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Off Topic Question?

HiJust thought I's ask....Some years ago (pre FSX) I also liked some of the early WWII games like Medal of Honour etc.Just wondering if any of you guys are into any of those and what, if anything, you'd recommend these days?I'm begeinning to find FSX a little stale at the moment and thought about taking a short break with something else for a while.Anything 'special' out there?Cheers

HiJust thought I's ask....Some years ago (pre FSX) I also liked some of the early WWII games like Medal of Honour etc.Just wondering if any of you guys are into any of those and what, if anything, you'd recommend these days?I'm begeinning to find FSX a little stale at the moment and thought about taking a short break with something else for a while.Anything 'special' out there?Cheers
Not WWII Genre but BF2142 is amazing, it's a huge multiplayer warzone with up to 62 players, even if your not into the whole first person shooter thing you can fly transport ships/gunships and ferry players to and from the main battlefield, the maps are huge too. Something completely different is 'X3TC' way too much detail to go into but probably the most awesome space/combat, trading sim ever, the mods,comunity and support from the dev's is second to none.

Rob Prest

Not WWII Genre but BF2142 is amazing, it's a huge multiplayer warzone with up to 62 players, even if your not into the whole first person shooter thing you can fly transport ships/gunships and ferry players to and from the main battlefield, the maps are huge too. Something completely different is 'X3TC' way too much detail to go into but probably the most awesome space/combat, trading sim ever, the mods,comunity and support from the dev's is second to none.
Picked up Battfield: Bad Company 2 for £6.80 on steam during the Christmas sales. What a blast, best online i've played since early TF2 days. I would recommend the CoD series but have found them to get stale too quickly. One i can recommend to everyone is Portal. Genius.

Something completely different is 'X3TC' way too much detail to go into but probably the most awesome space/combat, trading sim ever, the mods,comunity and support from the dev's is second to none.
I agree. I spend a lot of time in the X universe and after a few years it still hasn't become stale, which is very much down to the X community and the completely open game plan.Well away from the battlefield, I'm also still working my way through Tomb Raiders and modding Flight Unlimited 3. My daughter has Sims on my PC and she set me up with my own household so when the testosterone and techno-ennui get too much I dip into that too. Don't knock it, it's a great change of gear for an hour or two every now and again.If I was connected to the big wide world at home I suppose I'd spend a good deal of my time failing to make money somewhere like Entropia. Can you shoot people there?D

I recommend the Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2.The graphics aren't bad but the gameplay is PMDG level. Very close to reality, most players are either vets or middle age/old men.If you're not in the reality department you can try Bad Company 2, it's probably the only good FPS remaining today. I'm saying that because as an avid gamer, I own the top five of 2010 FPS shooters. Black ops is a pile of rubbish just like every call of duty after COD2. There is the BC2 Vietnam expansion pack for and any shelter beggars out there :)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Medal of Honor Tier 1, hands down...Of all the FPS games, I have never experienced better sounds.Black Ops was a disappointment for me, the campaign mode isn't that bad but the multiplayer mode is (was) plagued with problems... Such a shame.

Medal of Honor Tier 1, hands down...Of all the FPS games, I have never experienced better sounds.Black Ops was a disappointment for me, the campaign mode isn't that bad but the multiplayer mode is (was) plagued with problems... Such a shame.
The multiplayer or the singleplayer?

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Thanks for all the feedback here guys.If it makes a difference, I'm ONLY interested in the 'Single Player' mode of ANY game - I don't play online at all. Due to a medical condition, I no longer have the cognitive concentration and speed for online gaming :( Just got 'Sniper - Ghost Warrior' and, although the graphics are terrific, there's many bugs, even after patching. At least on my setup anyway.

The multiplayer or the singleplayer?
Both.Although I liked the singleplayer slightly more.Games are usually better in singleplayer, multiplayer is more challenging for the producers.

Thanks for all the feedback here guys.If it makes a difference, I'm ONLY interested in the 'Single Player' mode of ANY game - I don't play online at all. Due to a medical condition, I no longer have the cognitive concentration and speed for online gaming :( Just got 'Sniper - Ghost Warrior' and, although the graphics are terrific, there's many bugs, even after patching. At least on my setup anyway.
Try Crysis, the singleplayer is quite awesome, the multiplayer on the other hand, is a disaster.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Oh no.... Here we go...Bought a 'Direct Download' of Crysis from EA Games.When I try to launch it, I just get a message saying "please insert your disk".Seems they're not exactly prompt at replying to emails either.Ho, hum :(

While not WWII, Ghost Recon is a very good game and with equal to 7 DVDs worth of mods available for it, there is lots to play.
Ahh...The early versions of Ghost Recon... :( :( I still have the soundtracks on my ipod, I just loved those games. :( I like to play my games on the PS system. Trouble free, just insert the CD (now blu-ray) and play.

Oh no.... Here we go...Bought a 'Direct Download' of Crysis from EA Games.When I try to launch it, I just get a message saying "please insert your disk".Seems they're not exactly prompt at replying to emails either.Ho, hum :(
Does it say that after you installed?Just get a no-cd patch in that case, Crysis is a game that doesn't use securom / activations so it won't hurt anybody.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I don't know where to get a "no-cd patch"?Also, and I know this aint really the place to ask, but i don't know where else yet... I've only just started trying anything other than FSX, so know nothing about other games. It seems that developer and publisher forums are worse than useless! Are there any major *recommended* gaming forums where I can ask questions and get info about specific games?Any info MUCH appreciated.Thanks