Sign in to follow this  
arrvoo

RTW 2011 Practice Thread 3

I have the baton KFYV - KSBS in the P51H.
Baton free at KSBS. Runway lights! Thank you!

Mike Beckwith

Wingman in Tiggy

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Baton is free at KJAC.The new Tigercat is a VERY nice plane. Easy to fly and easy to land, with a respectable 380-390 kt TAS.Highly recommended especially as its's a work in progress

Harv.png?dl=1

Wingman safe at KJAC Jackson Hole . Conditions look great for a bit of snowboarding :)http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFlight.php?flight=4dj4Opk9Grojq1mwsTS5wEzRqOw
It's a Team Flight in Cub's next I think :( I wonder if what the winds are like and whether it's possible to make any headway in our direction of flight?

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

This may not work because it's now 37 degrees celsius in my computer room which is way too hot to run FSX. I can't turn on the air conditioner because the circuit keeps tripping out. These may be the conditions on race day - so it has to be checked out.Anyhow: KJAC - KWYS in the J3 Cub for an early team flight.

Mike Beckwith

This may not work because it's now 37 degrees celsius in my computer room which is way too hot to run FSX. I can't turn on the air conditioner because the circuit keeps tripping out. These may be the conditions on race day - so it has to be checked out.Anyhow: KJAC - KWYS in the J3 Cub for an early team flight.
Whew! Baton free at KWYS.

Mike Beckwith

OK -- my heartbeat is almost back to normal, Hypnotized.gif Time to post the PIREP.Beautiful morning at Yellowstone, great coffee in hand. Checked WX enroute, the aloft winds not favorable (30kt headwind) but doable with the range, destination airport at 1 1/2 nm vis, ceiling @ 6500 no ILS.. OK will do it anyway..Took off & all is fine, nice morning. Cruizing along, about 1/3 into the trip... Starting to get soupy, but the winds! My 30 kt headwind has turned into 55-60 right from the nose! Time to lean out the P&W R2800-34W big time, I hope they have A&P service at Blue River, the valves are going to get burned! Worried.gif NOW THE BAD PART! It's been happening on the VPN & now Hamachi. I get booted from MP ( & once on VPN total internet loss! ) during a scenery refresh while FS is changing time zones. Something else happened during this dilemma without me knowing it until about 3/4 from destination. My landing gear dropped without me knowing it! I couldn't get the gear back up no matter what I tried! Damn! I hope it isn't damaged. OK - after this I notice the GS & IAS just isn't where it's supposed to be,,, AHH the gear, but now what about the range? Barely, just Barely going to make it. Should I divert? Nah,, If the gear is damaged I'll crash even after diverting. After passing my alternate I check the WX at Blue River -- CRAP! It has changed for the worse... REALLY BAD!CYCP 271525Z 00000KT 1/4SM -DZ FZFG VV005 REFZDZ RMK FG8CYKA 271238Z 2713/2801 10006KT P6SM SCT015 SCT080 OVC250 TEMPO 2713/2723 SCT015 BKN080 PROB30 2716/2723 BKN015 FM272300 14010KT P6SM SCT040 BKN250FL030: 131/07 (2.80) FL060: 150/16 (-2.00) FL090: 189/31 (1.50)FL120: 266/63 (-4.90) FL180: 266/63 (-18.30)FL240: 270/80 (-29.90)FL300: 261/92 (-45.30)FL340: 260/93 (-55.70)FL390: 266/96 (-65.70)I'm getting close now. How am I going to pull this off w/ only one chance, just too many mountains can't see anything! UNTIL...... My copilot showed up ( Angel.gif ) . I can see C5 - The "Southern Yellowhead HWY" through a very small hole in the soup, YEAH!!!!! Slowed down, dropped the flaps and dive brakes, went vertical (Down) to get under this garbage.. Oh yeah! in the valley now holding 150kts following the HWY skimming hills & trees. Range?? still just barely, 20NM away.. Just might be able to do this. Praying.gifNail%20Biting.gifOK -- runway in sight, WOAH a nice sized hill right at the end, PULL UP! Just a couple pine needles in the teeth, no problem :-) Just gotta get her down as light as possible if indeed there's gear failure..WHEW!! Made it! im%20Not%20Worthy.gifdance.gifBig%20Grin.gifApplause.gif Cannot see the hangars!WHEW!! JUST ENOUGH - WAY TOO CLOSE!Really NEVER want to do this again - heart is still pounding... But what a way to start the day!! Completely awake now!!Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

OK -- my heartbeat is almost back to normal, Hypnotized.gif Time to post the PIREP.
I see you have figured out why I picked this airport for our route last year :( (oh right, it was because of the winds on the west side of the mountains... ahem... :( )We didn't have to go down the long valley though, coming from the south-west up towards the airport it is a bit easier. I also think we had a bit better weather, but still quite low clouds.

I have the baton CYCP - PASI in the P51D.
Baton free at PASI. Seven minutes overtime, but not surprising with 80 kt headwinds. Fuel was okay.

Mike Beckwith