Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

Upgrade or full version of Win 7?

No downfalls. There are a lot of websites giving directions if you want to do a clean install with the Upgrade Edition.

Hi, I am thinking of getting Win 7 to help with FSX performance.I have Vista 64 bit now. Am I better to get the full version of Home Premium 64 bit or the upgrade from Vista? Any downfalls of using the upgrade?
Downfalls to updating to Win7? None. Downfalls from performing the "upgrade" to Win7? Maybe... I moved from Vista64 to Win7-64 back during Windows 7's initial release, and haven't looked back. I had great luck with Vista - no issues at all - but Win7 just has a more solid feel. They improved the responsiveness of the UI while maintaining the visual appeal that Vista brought to the table. I noticed no significant, measurable improvements with FSX between Vista and Win7, however there is a "feel" of it being more stable and smooth. Yes - save the money and purchase the upgrade, but search Google for methods of performing a "clean" installation from the upgrade media. I would NOT recommend using the "in-place upgrade" features to go from Vista to Win7. Although it's vastly improved over what XP>Vista offered, any in-place upgrades are always a little suspect in my book. Invest the time and effort into doing a fully from-scratch installation. The time you spend doing the installation will pay you back in spades when you don't have to spend time troubleshooting a completely random and unknown problem which was introduced due to the in-place upgrade. Good luck!-Greg

Now that I have the Windows 7 Upgrade I cant get to my tool bar options on my PMDG 747-400 or on my PMDG 737NG. Can someone please help?? Thanks......;)

Now that I have the Windows 7 Upgrade I cant get to my tool bar options on my PMDG 747-400 or on my PMDG 737NG. Can someone please help?? Thanks......;)
Check your monitor resolution and set it to default for the monitor.as the first thing. Try hitting the "ALT" key.