Sign in to follow this  
wingclip

"Peview Direct X 10" ?

Hi All, I've been flying FSX for 4 months or so and I have no problems with the performance, (Please see my comp specs below). I have the UTX USA and Alaska, GEX North America, and a few other add-on missions, airport enhancers and planes. My Scenery sliders are full right and all boxes are checked. I have a single S2309WD 23"mointor and my resolution is checked at 1920 x 1080 x 32.So here's my question, I read in many blogs that people are struggling to make their Direct X 10 operate, (or something along those lines), and yet when I check the box in FSX named "Preview Direct X 10" under the General Tab I see no difference in the game that I can tell!? After I click that box to turn the Direct X 10 option on it tells me I have to restart FSX for it to take hold so I do.I checked all the settings carefully and compared them to the settings I have without DX10 and the one and ONLY difference is that I was getting bad blocky steps along the edges, (I have had a sudden brain stall and can't seem to remember the term for that charcteristic), of the planes when I switched to DX10 and left my Filter Setting at Bilinear, (Anti Aliasing box checked), which works well for me when not in Direct X. So I changed that to Anisotropic and then the planes looked fine in DX10.The strange thing about it is that the image of the rotating plane, (mine is default with the Ultra Light), that you see when you click on Free Flight appears as if I had no filtering at all and the Anti Aliasing box unchecked! No matter which plane I choose they all show up in that window with jagged edges but when I actually go on and run the program the plane has nice smooth edges.This occurs only when I click on the "Preview Diret X 10" option. But my question is why am I not seeing some difference betweenDX10 checked and unchecked.? My ATI Catalyst Control is set to Open GL Trpile Buffering and the the Anti Aliasing and Anistropic Filtering controls are disabled in preference to the FSX filtering, (gets better Frame Rates that way). I wonder if the ATI CATALYST control center is actually running the game in DX10 already so I just don't know if it's in DX10.Before I go to ATI with the question, I thought I'd better find out if I'm supposed to see a difference in the first place. This isn't an important subject to me because I am getting very smooth frame rates and great visual affects. It's more of a personal curiosity" thing.HP p6230f (modified)Windows 7 Home Prem 64bit8 gigs Ram550watt PSUAMD Phenom IIx4 965BE 3.4GHz, (no OC)ATI Radion HD 5770, (no OC)

O/S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/ Corsair 780T case, (white)/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB (2x16) T-Force XTreem 3600MHz/ EVGA Supernova 1300G2 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (OC’d 5.2 GHz)/ MSI Ventus 3X GeForce RTX-3080 TiEKWB EK-Quantum CPU block | EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (RGB) (fit to ASUS ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir for a total 900 mL cooling system | [2] Radiators: 240 mm & 120 mm radiators (all push/pull fan configs) | [4] Corsair LL120 RGB fans and [4] Corsair RGB strips all controlled by Corsair Lighting Node Pro and iCUE software/ | Internal Drives: [1] Crucial P5 NVME SATA 1 TB/ [5] SATA SSD’s (one 1-TB & four 500GB/ External Drives: [1] Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSD 500 GB/ [1] Seagate MomentusX, 1TB SSHD/ Philips 32” curved monitor model 328E1: 4K, 3840 x 2160 x 60Hz

You are more likely to get some type of a response about an issue that you're curious about if you post in the correct forum. This is the forum to discuss and bash and wish about the next generation of Flight Simulator, not the why doesn't a half-baked implementation of some DirectX preview work on your system forum.FSX is handled one floor up. :(

FSX is handled one floor up. Big Grin.gif
Now that's a new one, LOL...LOL.gif

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi All, I've been flying FSX for 4 months or so and I have no problems with the performance, (Please see my comp specs below). I have the UTX USA and Alaska, GEX North America, and a few other add-on missions, airport enhancers and planes. My Scenery sliders are full right and all boxes are checked. I have a single S2309WD 23"mointor and my resolution is checked at 1920 x 1080 x 32.So here's my question, I read in many blogs that people are struggling to make their Direct X 10 operate, (or something along those lines), and yet when I check the box in FSX named "Preview Direct X 10" under the General Tab I see no difference in the game that I can tell!? After I click that box to turn the Direct X 10 option on it tells me I have to restart FSX for it to take hold so I do.I checked all the settings carefully and compared them to the settings I have without DX10 and the one and ONLY difference is that I was getting bad blocky steps along the edges, (I have had a sudden brain stall and can't seem to remember the term for that charcteristic), of the planes when I switched to DX10 and left my Filter Setting at Bilinear, (Anti Aliasing box checked), which works well for me when not in Direct X. So I changed that to Anisotropic and then the planes looked fine in DX10.The strange thing about it is that the image of the rotating plane, (mine is default with the Ultra Light), that you see when you click on Free Flight appears as if I had no filtering at all and the Anti Aliasing box unchecked! No matter which plane I choose they all show up in that window with jagged edges but when I actually go on and run the program the plane has nice smooth edges.This occurs only when I click on the "Preview Diret X 10" option. But my question is why am I not seeing some difference betweenDX10 checked and unchecked.? My ATI Catalyst Control is set to Open GL Trpile Buffering and the the Anti Aliasing and Anistropic Filtering controls are disabled in preference to the FSX filtering, (gets better Frame Rates that way). I wonder if the ATI CATALYST control center is actually running the game in DX10 already so I just don't know if it's in DX10.Before I go to ATI with the question, I thought I'd better find out if I'm supposed to see a difference in the first place. This isn't an important subject to me because I am getting very smooth frame rates and great visual affects. It's more of a personal curiosity" thing.HP p6230f (modified)Windows 7 Home Prem 64bit8 gigs Ram550watt PSUAMD Phenom IIx4 965BE 3.4GHz, (no OC)ATI Radion HD 5770, (no OC)
I have no idea what you meant by that but then I'm not even sure what you meant this Forum is for. No, no, please don't try to explain that again because I really don't care. If I knew that this was a forum to bash something, (?), then I certainly don't need to be here. I'm just saying that I have no clue what you were on about. That's all, nothing more.

O/S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/ Corsair 780T case, (white)/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB (2x16) T-Force XTreem 3600MHz/ EVGA Supernova 1300G2 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (OC’d 5.2 GHz)/ MSI Ventus 3X GeForce RTX-3080 TiEKWB EK-Quantum CPU block | EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (RGB) (fit to ASUS ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir for a total 900 mL cooling system | [2] Radiators: 240 mm & 120 mm radiators (all push/pull fan configs) | [4] Corsair LL120 RGB fans and [4] Corsair RGB strips all controlled by Corsair Lighting Node Pro and iCUE software/ | Internal Drives: [1] Crucial P5 NVME SATA 1 TB/ [5] SATA SSD’s (one 1-TB & four 500GB/ External Drives: [1] Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSD 500 GB/ [1] Seagate MomentusX, 1TB SSHD/ Philips 32” curved monitor model 328E1: 4K, 3840 x 2160 x 60Hz

I have no idea what you meant by that but then I'm not even sure what you meant this Forum is for. No, no, please don't try to explain that again because I really don't care. If I knew that this was a forum to bash something, (?), then I certainly don't need to be here. I'm just saying that I have no clue what you were on about. That's all, nothing more.
Rich, meshman was just saying that if you have a question or problem with FSX, then you need to post it in the FSX forum which is located right above the "Flight" forum, of which you posted in.The "Flight" forum is to discuss the upcomming new sim from MS and he was just making a funny comment when he said that this forum was to discuss, bash and wish about the new sim "Flight". Not that its really meant to bash, but in some threads in this forum, members were already expressing their dislikes or pessimistic views about the upcomming new sim.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Rich, meshman was just saying that if you have a question or problem with FSX, then you need to post it in the FSX forum which is located right above the "Flight" forum, of which you posted in.The "Flight" forum is to discuss the upcomming new sim from MS and he was just making a funny comment when he said that this forum was to discuss, bash and wish about the new sim "Flight". Not that its really meant to bash, but in some threads in this forum, members were already expressing their dislikes or pessimistic views about the upcomming new sim.
Oh, I see. Ok thank you! BTW now you got me wondering and Googling about this "new" Sim game. Maybe it'll be coded a little differently. (I don't want to say Better because I can't begin to image what it takes to program something like that).