Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

ATC messed up

Just about some hours ago, I was on my way from KIAD to Zurich LSZH. While decending, heading 100 I get a landing message from FS9 ATC tower like usual,but this time it told me to turn right to 295 (thats maybe 180 degrees turn) and visual runway 27 (what the...??). At the same time,some other AI aircrafts landing at Zurich have correct heading and message,ILS runway 16 and 14. Some days ago,same thing happened to me when I'm decending to San Francisco SFO. Another problem is about taxiing to gate after landed. I already added these lines into my aircraft.cfg"atc_parking_types=GATEatc_parking_codes=UAL"However the ATC still put me to some "strange gate" which is not the airline's terminal or put me to parking (while the airport still has lots of gates available)Any clues? If it's the AFCAD why it only happens to me and not the AI?/FSdreamteam LSZH and flytampa KSFO

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I can answer the second question - those lines control parking only for AI aircraft - MS never included the user aircraft in that system, unfortunately.

Yes, as far as taxying to gate is concerned the FS ATC will put you to the nearest. So beware you may end up in the cargo port! The only way to avoid that is to have PFE or RC4. PFE will guide you to your pre-allocated gate. And also will guide you to the rwy from said gate when it's time to depart. The assignments in afcad2 are purely for the purpose of AI.There are many things wrong with the default atc. A worldwide blanket transition level, 100% American ATC and pilots in whichever part of the world you are in. Working to FAA regulations instead of ICAO etc etc. Many people have one of the two programmes above for authenticity. Personally I use PFE as the voices are less robotic and it's interface is a little simpler in my opinion.vololiberista

I can answer the second question - those lines control parking only for AI aircraft - MS never included the user aircraft in that system, unfortunately.
Yes, as far as taxying to gate is concerned the FS ATC will put you to the nearest. So beware you may end up in the cargo port! The only way to avoid that is to have PFE or RC4. PFE will guide you to your pre-allocated gate. And also will guide you to the rwy from said gate when it's time to depart. The assignments in afcad2 are purely for the purpose of AI.There are many things wrong with the default atc. A worldwide blanket transition level, 100% American ATC and pilots in whichever part of the world you are in. Working to FAA regulations instead of ICAO etc etc. Many people have one of the two programmes above for authenticity. Personally I use PFE as the voices are less robotic and it's interface is a little simpler in my opinion.vololiberista
Thanks guys :D Maybe I'll save my bucks and try one of the two. Actually I've read a lot about the comparisons or comments about those 2 but still can't decide which one to go with :(

Hoang Le

P3D v5

That's just not true! The FS ATC will not send you to the nearest parking spot. It lets you select gate or parking (if suitable size ones are available) and will send you to the first empty appropriate spot in the parking list in the order it appears in the A&F data file. (If you happen to use an add-on A&F file that lists Cargo parking as "gates" that is hardly FS's fault!).On the other hand, whilst both PFE and RC have a lot good features they are both are distinctly lame in respect of taxying in. RC lets you pre-define your destination gate but you have to find your own way to it whilst PFE will definitely guide you to the nearest parking spot unless you go through a convoluted exercise of specifying a preferred arrival gate for each airport. And even then, in both RC and PFE, you may well find it occupied. Both also will happily lead you face to face with other AI traffic on the ground, simply because they can't interface with it fully. Both developers have no doubt done their best but there are limitations in what you can do with an add-on that sits as a layer on top of the default AI/ATC system rather than replacing it.On the other hand FS's built in system, for all its faults, is the only one that will accurately taxi you to an empty gate.Best wishes,John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

I like FS ATC.I usually decide which gate I would like to park at before my flight. I then assign it my own personal code (not an airline code) so other aircraft will not park in it.Usually this is enough....(and if the airport is AES'ed I will ask a follow me car to direct me.)If not enough then a better match between the gate size and your aircraft should seal the deal.

As far as the first part of your question is concerned. There is no runway 27 at LSZH, so it must be a fake runway you're being assigned. Fake runways are used to activate non-parallel runways. In the earlier days of the star technique, it was thought that the fake runways had to be within a certain distance of the airport (like 105 or 108 NM?). Later it was determinted that there was no such need. If you place fake runways too close to the airport, ATC may assign you one. If you move them well enough away, you won't have that problem.So basically, every time this happens to you, you know you have 'faulty' Afcad.http://www.downloadcenter.scruffyduck.org.uk/ > Tutorials > Airport Design > Xwind Runway tutorial:wink:

it's interface is a little simpler in my opinion.
LOL! PFE and simple interfaces. RC has the simple interface, my friend and that is one of its strong points. PFE and its GUI's, built around an ancient program, is its weakness.I have both programs and use the default ATC. John is right, both add a layer instead of replacing the default ATC/AI engine. My hope is that one day we will have a true replacement.

Mike...

Certainly many of past PFE problems originated by having to build it around the old PF2000. But the latest version 2.14 is quite easy to live with and resolves almost all.Yes once I was directed by PFE to my assigned gate which was occupied but "because" I was maintaining a listening watch the a/c at the gate was about to push back so I waited. In my time I have had to do that soooooooooooooo many times in reality!!!The best bet to decide which of the two to purchase is to look at videos. PFE 2.14 has the edge over RC4. The voices are realistic both for ATC and AI and cover most global accents. It is more flexible on approach and departure.Many go for both programmes but that's costly!vololiberista

snip--------------Another problem is about taxiing to gate after landed. I already added these lines into my aircraft.cfg"atc_parking_types=GATEatc_parking_codes=UAL"However the ATC still put me to some "strange gate" which is not the airline's terminal or put me to parking (while the airport still has lots of gates available)Any clues? If it's the AFCAD why it only happens to me and not the AI?/FSdreamteam LSZH and flytampa KSFO
There is a tutorial here in the library that will assign a correct parking spot for you and your user Company plane.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=VIP+Parking+&CatID=fs2004misc&Go=Searchjim

There is a tutorial here in the library that will assign a correct parking spot for you and your user Company plane.http://library.avsim...4misc&Go=Searchjim
Wow thanks a lot bro :D Definately will try it after school,thanks again!LOL.gif:(LOL.gif:(

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Certainly many of past PFE problems originated by having to build it around the old PF2000. But the latest version 2.14 is quite easy to live with and resolves almost all.Yes once I was directed by PFE to my assigned gate which was occupied but "because" I was maintaining a listening watch the a/c at the gate was about to push back so I waited. In my time I have had to do that soooooooooooooo many times in reality!!!The best bet to decide which of the two to purchase is to look at videos. PFE 2.14 has the edge over RC4. The voices are realistic both for ATC and AI and cover most global accents. It is more flexible on approach and departure.Many go for both programmes but that's costly!vololiberista
Since you are a PFE user, can you use time acceleration with it? I would like to know before buying it.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Certainly many of past PFE problems originated by having to build it around the old PF2000. But the latest version 2.14 is quite easy to live with and resolves almost all.
2.14 still depends on PF2000, right? When I first got it, I couldn't even get it to work, because my regional settings were not what PFE needed, took a while to figure that out together with Dave. By that time, I was already less enthusiastic about PFE. My other major gripe is how PFE handles flightplans. Certainly now that FSBuild supports Navigraph, my flightplans are very sweet, not sure how it is now (let me know), but PFE could maim the plans and that was unacceptable. RC one the other hand, does not have that problem (but it does have a few others).

Mike...

My problems about the ATC heading when ILS sure was because the AFCAD like somebody said earlier in this topic,I changed AFCAD and SFO works well,although LSZH by FSDT still having problem.

2.14 still depends on PF2000, right? When I first got it, I couldn't even get it to work, because my regional settings were not what PFE needed, took a while to figure that out together with Dave. By that time, I was already less enthusiastic about PFE. My other major gripe is how PFE handles flightplans. Certainly now that FSBuild supports Navigraph, my flightplans are very sweet, not sure how it is now (let me know), but PFE could maim the plans and that was unacceptable. RC one the other hand, does not have that problem (but it does have a few others).
After reading all your comments,I just haven't find out any good reason for me to change to RC4 or PFERaised%20Eyebrow.gif

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Since you are a PFE user, can you use time acceleration with it? I would like to know before buying it.
Yes you certainly can! X2 certainly works ok. I'm limited to that because I also use Civa INS instead of GPS for which the manuel recommends no more than x2 acceleration.vololiberista
Well, it's not very difficult to temporarily change ones regional settings is it!!!!! and secondly my flight plans work fine.vololiberista

Well, it's not very difficult to temporarily change ones regional settings is it!!!!!
Well, no, but that was never the issue. The time it took us to narrow my issue down to that was considerable. Now, that knowledge is part of the FAQ. Imagine that ordeal right after purchasing PFE and the voice expansion...
and secondly my flight plans work fine.
So, upon importing a plan into PFE, it no longer lists waypoints more than once and you don't have to do any reconstructive surgery? Working fine to me, means no user intervention needed other than clicking a load button.:(

Mike...