Sign in to follow this  
bobterri

Fleet ATR-72 for American Virtual Airlines

Got a couple of problems with the AvA freebie ATR-72 download for FSX. First, the heading and course settings in the autopilot will only adjust by 10 degrees, not the usual 1 degree increments. The altitude will only adjust up or down by 1000 feet increments. Second, every time I land the plane bounces up in the air. It doesn't matter how hard I try to land it softly. All the other planes I fly for AvA don't have this problem and some other planes I fly outside AvA don't either. When I land I try to operate "by the book," with airspeed, flap deployment, etc.

Bob Bressert

Got a couple of problems with the AvA freebie ATR-72 download for FSX.First, the heading and course settings in the autopilot will only adjust by 10 degrees, not the usual 1 degree increments. The altitude will only adjust up or down by 1000 feet increments. Second, every time I land the plane bounces up in the air. It doesn't matter how hard I try to land it softly. All the other planes I fly for AvA don't have this problem and some other planes I fly outside AvA don't either. When I land I try to operate "by the book," with airspeed, flap deployment, etc.
I've had the same issues with the autopilot in the ATR-72...I have contacted the developer/designer regarding a fix ( Francisco Castañeda). I've tried to look into the .cfg's The developer did contact me...Telling me the file had been tampered with by someone...But he didn't say anything as regards fixing it...
Got a couple of problems with the AvA freebie ATR-72 download for FSX.First, the heading and course settings in the autopilot will only adjust by 10 degrees, not the usual 1 degree increments. The altitude will only adjust up or down by 1000 feet increments. Second, every time I land the plane bounces up in the air. It doesn't matter how hard I try to land it softly. All the other planes I fly for AvA don't have this problem and some other planes I fly outside AvA don't either. When I land I try to operate "by the book," with airspeed, flap deployment, etc.
I've had the same issues with the autopilot in the ATR-72...I have contcated the developer/designer regarding a fix...But he hasn't replied. I've tried to look into the .cfg's to see if I coould alter somethig there to adjust the incrementation...But I couldn't find anything relevant. No! wait before I badmouth anybody...The developer did contact me...Telling me the file had been tampered with by someone...But he didn't say anything as regards fixing it...

Berlopez, thanks for responding.I don't know what to do. Flying an ILS landing, I can't dial in frequencies because they're only adjustable in increments of 10, as I stated. There's got to be a way to correct this.

Bob Bressert

Berlopez, thanks for responding.I don't know what to do. Flying an ILS landing, I can't dial in frequencies because they're only adjustable in increments of 10, as I stated. There's got to be a way to correct this.
BTW: I made a mistake the plane is not Franciscos' It's Claus Vendelboe Holmbergs' he replied saying he didn't have it uploaded and couldn't help me.

Berlopez,Bummer! I'm trying to get some help from the gentleman in charge of the fleet at AvA, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I'm sure the fix for this is not that hard, but I just don't know enough to mess with the .cfg files.

Bob Bressert

It is a shame that the work is unfinished,at least not thouroughly tested for FSX; I'll never undertand why they publish it,in the first place,if they're no willing to support it?But I don't want to start an argument here.I'm wiling to recognize theire efforts and generosity puliching addons,knowing they're for free, But when it comes to not supporting them I'm agasped.Wish he would fix it.It's aof ghe fewATR'S that exist for FSX; One can find plenty of Dash 8's that work.