Sign in to follow this  
slait

MilViz C310 CTD Problem

I would post this issue at their support site, but it seems that creating a new account at their forums is currently disabled. Shame I can't get support for a product I just purchased...At any rate, while I love the way this aircraft handles, I've had a CTD on my first two test flights with her. I can't recall the last time I've had anything crash in FSX, but in the first flight 10 minutes after departure in the Pacific Fjords area FS crashed. Auto save allowed me to load from the last save and all was fine the rest of the flight, but today in my second flight in a completely different part of the world it crashed again after landing. Odd, because again, FS doesn't normally crash on me.I just made the purchase on Friday and therefore have the latest version (I assume) so I'm not sure it's a simple matter of updating. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know why a new customer can't receive support directly from the vendor?Thanks in advance.

- Aaron

Hi... Due to the amount of spam on our forums, they are locked. If you wish to get registered, you may email the forum admin at info "at" milviz dot com and they will get you online and sorted. As an aside, we've not had that particular issue. As well, F1 will be posting a new update that fixes most, if not all of the 3d lighting issues.thanks,.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hmm, seems like there may be better ways to control spam than to transfer the issue to your customers, but at least I understand the motivation. I actually found a post that listed two other email addresses to make this request and already sent an email there. Should I forward this to the address you list here as well?The two CTD's are not entirely consistent so I can't say exactly what is causing them, but it seemed logical to look at the plane first as it was the only thing I could think of in common with the two flights. I have a third planned and hope that it doesn't reoccur as I'm really enjoying my flights with her. Looking forward to the update as well, and thanks for the response.

- Aaron

Sorry about that. We will, sadly, be doing only registered clients soon to stop pirates from getting help... That will happen on our next release. And no, we have your request. It will be done over the next day or so.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

As well, F1 will be posting a new update that fixes most, if not all of the 3d lighting issues.
The latest version (v1.012011) of the C310R installer is now available at Flight1.1. All three model versions now have the "3d Lights Fix" applied. Youwill only see 3d lights at night. Dawn/Day/Dusk will use defaultlanding/taxi light ground splashes. 2. Drums on the analog altimeter(s) have been modified for better operation.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The latest version (v1.012011) of the C310R installer is now available at Flight1.1. All three model versions now have the "3d Lights Fix" applied. Youwill only see 3d lights at night. Dawn/Day/Dusk will use defaultlanding/taxi light ground splashes. 2. Drums on the analog altimeter(s) have been modified for better operation.
Thank you! We all appreciate the great support from the Milviz team.Best regards,Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Thank you! I assume we just download a new copy of the Flight1 wrapper and install from that?

- Aaron

Thank you! I assume we just download a new copy of the Flight1 wrapper and install from that?
I was wondering this. I downloaded the file from Flight1 last night and over-wrote my old copy. Should I have uninstalled it first? I can't see any difference with the lights - they still blur the screen in a very unrealistic fashion.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Could I see a pic or two of this please?And yes, overwriting is the right thing to do.

As an update, I installed the latest version and had a great flight without any crashes. Could likely have been a coincidence before, but I wanted to clarify this thread if others should come across it in the future.Thanks for a great bird!

- Aaron