Sign in to follow this  
imn2sims

New A2A Spitfire Movie

Look

to see it. It's another great preview from A2A, but better still a sign that we're really close to getting our hands on this beauty!Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

These A2A videos are great :)They’re like a trip to a museum…Lots of subtle details…

I just discovered A2A a few days ago and purchased the p47 Razorback + Accusim. WOW!!! These guys have taken aircraft modeling craftmanship to a new level. All of a sudden, real cockpit management comes into play like I've never experienced before. The modeling which with systems change with varying parameters during flight (temp, pressure, alt, power etc...), the need to monitor these fluctuations on guages that really work, and the fidelity of the controls in the cockpit to manage these systems - and get real results - is nothing short of astounding! Not to mention the need to fly properly and by the book... If you think I'm just rattling off, try landing this bird using your normal tried and true FSX proceedures... and I'll say a prayer for you. This is the closest thing to actually getting a real feeling for what those pilots of yesteryear where into when they took those birds up into battle... or just up into the air. Not only that, but you really learn a lot about flying techiques, especially becuase you can learn by doing... a little studying, a few flights, a few mishaps, and suddenly the finer points of flying high performance planes becomes crystal clear. I know I now have a much greater understanding of cowl flap usage, turbo boost - the why and how its supposed to be used, oil temp and CHT temp monitoring. All the things I've always been a little mystified by in the past. I knew I was into something terrific when my windows started fogging up the other night as I gained some great altitude... and I had to turn on the window defroster. It worked too. That's sim modeling!!!

Spitfire manuals are now onlinehttp://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=77must be getting close, I'm really looking forward to this release.

Spitfire manuals are now onlinehttp://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=77must be getting close, I'm really looking forward to this release.
This was an amazing vid to watch... Learned a tremendous amount that applies to my R/C chopper/plane flying as well!!!Really worth the time to sit down and watch this and man, talk about realism modeled in!@!-P

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Anyone have any guesses on how this will compare with the Real Air one? I own RealAir Spit and thoroughly enjoy flying it from time to time. I'm sure the A2A one will be good as well judging from the videos but was just wondering about the key differences? I don't own anything from A2A yet so if someone could shed some light?

Anyone have any guesses on how this will compare with the Real Air one?
They are completely different aircraft, Spud: The RA Mk14 is a contemporary late-manuafactured, possibly reconditioned aircraft that one may see at any airshow. Most of the A2A aircraft are what one would expect to fly in during the war, when there wasn't time to clean and polish. From a flying POV - the British rule of "Left hand and left foot forward on take-off" didn't apply to the Merlin-powered Spitfires, as they had a geared, right-handed prop, and so swung to the left. That was corrected with the introduction of the Griffon-powered versions. Once airborne, you will find the the Mks 1 and 2 have a much 'lighter' feel than the RA version, and are quite nimble in all axes, particularly pitch, whereas the Mk 14 handles as if on railes: it 'grooves'. But - why don't you just download the manuals and find out? :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Anyone have any guesses on how this will compare with the Real Air one? I own RealAir Spit and thoroughly enjoy flying it from time to time. I'm sure the A2A one will be good as well judging from the videos but was just wondering about the key differences? I don't own anything from A2A yet so if someone could shed some light?
Hi,The key difference is accusim.Those A2A guys are light years ahead of others :(