Sign in to follow this  
Guest F4PhantomRAAF2

PMDG Sounds

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2

Before I buy it I would like to hear the sounds of the PMDG 747 (are the FS9 sounds different to the FSX?).Can anyone help? As the videos on youitube with PMDG are all music all wiped over sounds from real cockpits videos..... :-( Confused.gifDaniel

Before I buy it I would like to hear the sounds of the PMDG 747 (are the FS9 sounds different to the FSX?).Can anyone help? As the videos on youitube with PMDG are all music all wiped over sounds from real cockpits videos..... :-( Confused.gifDaniel

http://www.youtube.com/user/LH475#p/a/u/0/7IR4I903OYc

Should do it :DOh and I'd like to add, sounds in PMDG are very versatile, you could make it sound realistic or you could make it sound with the engines being loud from the cockpit (very unrealistic).You will barely hear the engines in the 747's flight deck.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

it sound with the engines being loud from the cockpit (very unrealistic).You will barely hear the engines in the 747's flight deck.
On the subject how do u lower the engine noise in the flight deck.Thanks

On the subject how do u lower the engine noise in the flight deck.Thanks
Use the sound sliders within FS

Rob Prest

Use the sound sliders within FS
No, the sliders in FS must be all set to 50, according to the manual.To change the volume of sounds in your 747, use the PMDG Sounds option from the alt menu.50% FS volume and mid level gives what a simmer would like in cockpit, engines are fairly loud and winds isn't that intense.50% FS volume and Normal level gives the read deal. You will barely hear the engines and the packs will be very loud. Also be sure to uncheck play cockpit sounds in external views, hearing the pack system in the tarmac feels weird :(

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Not true Ioan - the engine sounds do come from FSX and are controlled by the sliders in the sim. There's custom sounds for switches, EGPWS etc that come from the PMDG Sounds gauge.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Not true Ioan - the engine sounds do come from FSX and are controlled by the sliders in the sim. There's custom sounds for switches, EGPWS etc that come from the PMDG Sounds gauge.
Man it's so late here and I'm not thinking very clearly, but I wanted to say how to adjust how you will hear the engines - without changing the fs volume and by keeping the sliders to what the manual recommends, but by changing the pmdg sounds volume knob.Now I am totally puzzled, which setting is the most realistic? 100% FS volume and Normal PMDG sounds?Enough making a fool out of myself, i need some sleep badly!Night lads! :)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

The plane is designed for 50% (the default) on all FS sliders and normal on the PMDG sounds knob. That's what Armen balanced all the sounds for.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2

Thanks for the video.I like it.Daniel

Just a note on your questioon about FS9 and FSX. As far as I know the actual sounds are the same, but the FSX model includes sound cone features that are not possible in FS9.

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
Just a note on your questioon about FS9 and FSX. As far as I know the actual sounds are the same, but the FSX model includes sound cone features that are not possible in FS9.
Cheers Paul.Any videos you can upload of the sounds in the PMDG 744, FS9 and FSX, I will watch them (no music please!).

Hi Daniel,in my opinion the sound is disaster at all. I had to switch off PMDG Battery / elektricity sound (or what was the name in the menu) and put FS environment to 5. On http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/748.html they say that in 748 version is new sound engine. I hope it will be much better. Can someone tell us if there is a big difference? Is it worth the money they ask?Petr

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
Hi Daniel,in my opinion the sound is disaster at all. I had to switch off PMDG Battery / elektricity sound (or what was the name in the menu) and put FS environment to 5. On http://www.precision...roduct/748.html they say that in 748 version is new sound engine. I hope it will be much better. Can someone tell us if there is a big difference? Is it worth the money they ask?Petr
Petr can you record the sound during flight from the cockpit for me?Daniel

Hi Daniel,in my opinion the sound is disaster at all. I had to switch off PMDG Battery / elektricity sound (or what was the name in the menu) and put FS environment to 5. On http://www.precision...roduct/748.html they say that in 748 version is new sound engine. I hope it will be much better. Can someone tell us if there is a big difference? Is it worth the money they ask?Petr
Petr;Definitely make sure that you've got your speakers set up properly in your computer's "control panel". I hated the PMDG sounds at first (heard nothing but wind noise) but discovered that my machine was set up for speakers that I didn't have (LOL)...once I got that straightened out the balance of engine vs. environment noise was the way it should be.Not saying that is your problem, but worth looking into.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D