Sign in to follow this  
Guest 737pilot

New Video card

Guest Mike20

Hi all could any one out there tell me if a Hercules 3d Prophet Radeon 9700pro, video card would run fs9 at a good rate I have an athalon 2.6 cpu on an asus A7V8X-MX mb with 512 meg of ram and windows 98se any advice would be appreciated thanks and regards Mike

Guest Mike20

Bump hope someone out there can help

Guest 737pilot

I have ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, and it makes FS9 great. Don't know for rate.Nico

Guest Mike20

Thanks Nico thats what I needed to know would it make a differance if its a hercules is it still a genuine radeon card I am not too clever with computers its just that I have a chance of buying this card thanks anyhow regards Mike

Guest Anthony_D

> video card would run fs9 at a good>rate I have an athalon 2.6 cpu on an asus A7V8X-MX mb with 512>meg of ram and windows 98se any advice would be appreciated>thanks and regards I replaced my MSI Ti4200 with the Hercules 9800Pro. I didn't experience an increase in frame rates - especially in dense AI traffic areas, but I realised that fs2004 was very cpu dependant (I have an Athlon XP2100+). What I could do was crank up the fsaa and anisotropic filtering up all the way without any hit on frame rates - unlike my ti4200.Conclusion: the card does it's job!Hope this helps

Guest p_r_johnson

...the best addon I could think of, Mike, would be to move up to a gig of ram. You have my system, basically - I have the ati9000pro and the amdx+3000 - but the extra 500mb makes a big difference ... I would also move to XP if poss, and migrating to the ntfs filesystem.pj

Guest 737pilot

MadView or Saphire should be quite good "powered by ATI" cards with positive product reviews. ATI Radeon is the chipset in those two graphics card, and others, and you will see the ATI logo and the "Powered by ATI" on the products. I have not heard of any fake cards yet.Nico