Sign in to follow this  
northridge

Aircraft Initialization Failure

XP Sp3 /FS9 Sp1 / 767 v3Just purchased and installed - try to run the Tutorial flight - tells me I dont have the plane. I do. Modified panel .cfg for default and winglet version.But - I have made some alterations to the aircraft.cfg - one is that manufacturer is Boeing LDS - would that be the problem?

I have no trouble with the aircraft per se: I can load the 767 correctly - without FS2Crew - but cant load the FS2Crew Tutorial flight.So where is the problem?I have yet to receive a reply there.

I have no trouble with the aircraft per se: I can load the 767 correctly - without FS2Crew - but cant load the FS2Crew Tutorial flight.So where is the problem?I have yet to receive a reply there.
Hi, You mean the 'panel state' file?I need more info.Thanks,

What info exactly do you need? How can I help you to help me if you dont tell me what I need to tell you?I think that the problem is caused by something I have done to the aircraft.cfg file.I can load the 767 directly from the menu but cant load the 767 Tut flights, and cant load the 767 FS2Crew Tut flight. This makes me think that these flights are looking for a specific 767 or for something specific in the aircraft .cfg - which is either not there or has been altered by me. Does your Tut flight presume the existance of a specific model, or paint, or possibly a default aircraft.cfg?I have not altered the panel.cfg but have Andres VC textures installed which alters gauges.The 767 panel.cfg reads //FS2Crew Modified LVLD 767 Panel Cfg//13 April 2006 (V1.1)//www.fs2crew.com. I have 1.3 installed.

Hi,There's no true 'tutorial flight' per se. What is there is is a 'panel state' file for FS2Crew which sets up cockpit panel for you.Can you 'import' that panel state via the Panel Data menu in the Level-D menu.Have you printed out the manual and followed it to the letter? That's critical.Are you able to open the FS2Crew Main Panel?Failing all that, I suggest doing a clean install of the Level-D aircraft just to keep it simple and clean until you get things sorted.When people start applying custom mods here and there, it gets tougher to troubleshoot problems.All the best,

"When people start applying custom mods here and there......."Of course its my fault - how could it be anyone elses?I bet you that there are more modded LVLD 767s out there than default. The only mods I have are Andre Volkers VC panel and some changes to aircraft and manufacturer names in the aircraft cfgs. Nothing that other people havent done, Im sure.I couldnt load the plane with the FS2C tutorial flight shortcut or load the FS2C panel config from within the plane, so I uninstalled the program to start again.And discovered that I couldnt load any LVLD panel from with the aircraft - I can load the plane but any panel request gives a CTD - without FS2C.This didnt happen before installing FS2C: in fact I had returned to the 767 after a long layoff, which is why I bought FS2C so late in the day.I have had no reply at all at the LVLD forum but thats not unusual: there seem to be very precise rules about how they respond to their paying customers on that forum.I shall re-install the 767. Will it be worth installing FS2C again? Not if its going to prevent me from flying the plane because of having "applied custom mods here and there".

Havent re-installed the 767: it works correctly the way that it is configured as long as FS2C isnt installed.Cleaned Temp/Reg etc, rebooted, reinstalled FS2C.767 Configs opened and saved.Can load the FS2C panel config from within the 767.FS2C clickspot panels open.Using either joystick or keyboard assignmants (having removed duplicate from FS/767 menus) neither the Primary nor Secondary FS2C panels open.Selecting the FS2C Tutorial flight scenario bring: CTD with "VisualC++ Runtime Library - fs9.exe R6025 - Pure virtual function call".What a shame. Everybody loves your program so much, but it doesnt seem to like me at all Shame it wasnt a Flight1 purchase, at least I would have got my $ back even if I couldnt enjoy the program

Havent re-installed the 767: it works correctly the way that it is configured as long as FS2C isnt installed.Cleaned Temp/Reg etc, rebooted, reinstalled FS2C.767 Configs opened and saved.Can load the FS2C panel config from within the 767.FS2C clickspot panels open.Using either joystick or keyboard assignmants (having removed duplicate from FS/767 menus) neither the Primary nor Secondary FS2C panels open.Selecting the FS2C Tutorial flight scenario bring: CTD with "VisualC++ Runtime Library - fs9.exe R6025 - Pure virtual function call".What a shame. Everybody loves your program so much, but it doesnt seem to like me at all Shame it wasnt a Flight1 purchase, at least I would have got my $ back even if I couldnt enjoy the program
I sent you a message offering to help you via a Remote Desktop but you did not reply.I'm not sure what you mean by 'primary and secondary panels'.Please contact me via the Contact page on the FS2Crew website.Thanks,