Sign in to follow this  
Guest rogue1

PAI installation - idiot needs help

As usual, I can't even sign into someone else's forum without getting endless error messages (why do we always have to register for this stuff?) and so here I am back here.Simple question, hoping for a simple answer. I have always found PAI's site to be very confusing - although I'm sure it's perfectly clear to regular users - and I'm not sure what to do about setting up some PAI stuff for FS2004.I have endless PAI aircraft packs for FS2002, but I can't just copy them all across, right? Because the installers not only add aircraft but do lots of fiddly things with TTools and so on? Does this mean that to get set up with a number of airlines in FS2004 I have to run the base installer, all the various extra installers (commercial, vintage, etc.) and then all the individual airline installers once again? Not to mention, get busy with all this AFCAD stuff in the library as well?Or is there some magic way to transfer all across? Before you say it, I DON'T want to bring over my TTools files from FS2002 ... they're a mess, with aircraft sitting all over each other in various airports.So wot to do? Thanks for any simple instructions in words of few letters.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. Those who responded to my '22,000 airports' thread will think me very brave to even think of starting all this once again!http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Hey Mark, since you will be using most of the same aircraft, you might as well just use the new installer and install all the new packages,less of a headache, that's what I did, lost a bunch of stuff I had installed manually in the 'other sim", but I have all the packages installed in FS9 now and it was pretty quick and painless and with some new AFCADS it is full of life!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hi Michael ... I'm not with you. What do you mean by if I "just use the new installer and install all the new packages"? Are you saying that one installer will install everything? Or that I need to install the base installer, different installers for commerical, GA etc. and then separate installers for every single airline?Sorry to be so dumb, but the PAI site doesn't make this clear at all.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Sorry Mark, should have been clearer. Go to the PAI site, "official Files", go past the Eula, then get the Installer v2, unzip to a temp folder, then take your pic of the 76 airlines available under "airlines", d/l, unzip to the same folder. Run the installer and load each package you d/led, done.For my new rig, I just deleted the default commercial (special package) and kept the GA, then installed all these along with the cargo ones and with a few of the AFCADS available from the PAI site ONLY, I have quite a bit of traffic running.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest RonB49

My FS2002 AI traffic was a hodge-podge! When I got FS2004, I began transferring the whole mess over and then decided to do what Michael suggests. I saved all of my 2K2 planes and airports and flightplans and stuff, but currently I'm letting PIA handle the heavy lifting. Now that PIA-approved AFCADs are becoming available, I'm becoming happier by the day. And it is sooooooo EASY; one installer and then unzip and install each package. I found it helpful to read PAI's tutorials. R-

Guest rogue1

Just started working on getting this going myself. I used the PAI installers. I deleted the default FS2004 traffic file, then installed the special GA package (gives you accurate tail numbers), then installed all of the available pax and cargo packages. Now, I've decided that isn't enough traffic and have been manually installing AI from traffic files available here on avsim. Biggest problem I've had so far (besides how time consuming this is, get the flight plans, download the correct aircraft, remove the errors, etc. etc.) is the clarity of the AI aircraft on my system (P4 2.8ghz with 1gb ram but older ATI Radeon 8500). So, now I'm converting all the aircraft texture files to DXT3 with no mipmaps; very time consuming but I'm very pleased with the results (no more blurry aircraft).ProjectAI, are you listening? :-) If you'd like the texture files let me know, you can have them real cheap. :-coolJim